Alabaster, AL
Students enrolled: 1,762

Thompson High School 4

Posted July 28, 2014
I'm a graduate of THS, class of 2012. It is beyond obvious that if you put forth much effort, you can succeed academically and socially here. The school is crowded, but Alabaster experienced exponential growth, nearly doubling in size in less than a decade. The new city school system is already starting the beginning phases of building a new high school. The administration has changed substantially since many of these comments were written (the entire school system is different!) and vast improvements have been made. The school has won 3 State Wrestling tournaments in a row, consistently lauded some of the best academics in Shelby County, and has become known for its music broadcasting programs.

Posted August 25, 2012
The teachers are awesome! I love my JROTC classes and I'm so excited that we get to go to all the University of Alabama home games through JROTC this year. THS is the bomb!

Posted August 25, 2012
We moved our family to Alabaster when our oldest started high school & have been so delighted to become a part of the Alabaster community. Its very diverse population is welcoming to all.The city focuses on their youth & families- free movies in the park, CityFest, numerous parks, & an unmatched youth sports program. Our children have attended the intermed. school, 6th grade ctr., jr. high, & our youngest is now at the HS. Each have enjoyed their experiences & now with our new HS principal there is a renewed sense of school spirit among the students & the community as well. The teachers keep blogs of homework & class events & are easy to reach through blogs or email which is all publicly posted. Each year the blogs seem to improve & are a great help for students, as well as parents checking on assignments.The staff is always friendly & helpful. Alabaster has moved to become their own school district, separating from the county so they can focus more on implementing community desires for our new school system. My daughter was resistant to move here initially, but has thanked me repeatedly, before & after graduating, for bringing her to Alabaster & Thompson High School! Go Warriors!

Thompson High School 1

Posted March 29, 2012
This school and the teachers are pathetic. Our oldest has been barely passing and it was like pulling teeth to get in touch with the teachers. My husband emailed them repeatedly for help but they had no interest in helping our son do better. When we met with the student counselor (because we were never able to get a meeting with the teachers), we were literally told that our son was "just one of those kids that fall through the cracks because he is passing", although barely. As far as the school was concerned, if he passed by half a point then everything was fine. They never helped us despite our repeated requests, and basically suggested we put our son in the military if we were so concerned he wouldn't be able to get into college. This school and the teachers are beyond pathetic and I will never put my youngest in this school system. I would give it less than 1 star if I could!

Thompson High School 0

Posted November 02, 2009
i attended THS for 3 1/2 years. it was a great school. I loved everything about it.. the teachers, the administrators, and the safety. Yes, the bathrooms are nasty and could use a bit more cleaning but the academics are great. I would recommend this school anytime..

Posted October 29, 2008

Thompson High School 3

Posted August 25, 2008
This school is Average. The Teachers are great and so are most of the students. But the education level is not as high as it should be. I grew up in the Northeast and the stuff I am learning now i learned three years ago. The after school activities are great, there is FCLA, DECA, Math Team, Sports and alot of other things a student can get involved with.

Thompson High School 1

Posted July 29, 2008

Posted February 09, 2008
Thompson High is an amazing school. Most teachers try their best to help students understand the material they are teaching. Tutoring is also offered to students who need extra help. The principal does his best to accommodate the needs of teachers and students. I would choose Thompson over any school.

Posted January 14, 2008

Thompson High School
100 Warrior Dr, Alabaster, AL  35007
Last modified Thompson High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thompson High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top