Alexandria, AL
Students enrolled: 1,000

Alexandria High School 2

Posted June 17, 2013
Alexandria is a great school other than it mainly focuses on JUST sports. If you don't play some type of sport you just "one of those kids" who doesn't platy sports. This school needs major help.

Alexandria High School 1

Posted May 26, 2012
The principal at this school is not capable of running an institution of this size. He couldn't handle the little 1A school that eh came from. You have a maniacal egomaniac running a show full of "favorites" and teachers dating students. More work needs to be done. Stop putting so much emphasis on importing products for athletics and focus on teaching these kids.

Alexandria High School

Posted November 21, 2009
Alexandria is a wonderful school, my child has been here since kindergarden and is now a junior. It;s great to be a Valley Cub......

Alexandria High School 3

Posted October 07, 2008
I have been a student of Alexandria since kindergarten, so I haven't a huge basis to compare to, but I shall make my best attempt. I am a purely academicly focused student that has always achieved A's in all subjects. Alexandria administrators mostly support the athletic students of our school, but our average teachers are very supportive of acedemic students. A very prominent example would be our National Honor Society chapter sponsored by in house teachers who provide us with goals and outlets for community service projects. We are a small rural school, but we offer an excellent band program that recieves ones at almost every competition, and a fabulous choir that also earns many rewards. Our atheletics department is a bit over supported, but it would be useful if your child or yourself was interested in a winning, dedicated sports team.

Posted June 24, 2008
Good teaching staff. Good leadership, although, defiantly pushes religion. Good basics. Need more emphasis on foreign languages and the arts. School is above average in safety and discipline. Very good major sports. School does not support track and field and other minor sports.

Posted October 26, 2007
I have been in AHS from k-8th grade. From what i have come to know so far. is that this school is a great opportunity for kids to make friends. but also i think that if your not into sports. you will get excluded from some fun things. other than that i love this school. it would be a great experience to go there. so if your new in calhoun then this is the place to go to school.

Alexandria High School 3

Posted November 09, 2006
I like the school pretty well, but my concern is for the students who do not excel in sports. It seems all the attention goes to football and basketball.

Alexandria High School 5

Posted December 03, 2005
I am a student @ AhS...I feel extremely safe nad the teachers are not only Edu. teachers but life teacher as well. There are many clubs @ AHS for the students to get involed with. I agree that that the 5-8 are not seperated but they also need to see the leaders of AHS, which are great the band is a highly ranked and the Choirs are life changing. I encourage you to put your child into Alexandria not only because of the great Edu. but also because of the students and all the activitys AHS has in it. Parents are involed but are not forced the only thing they have to do is jsut go to the school you don't have to be invited. Heather-13

Posted February 08, 2005
My child started Alex. High in the Fall 2004 in 5th grade. Although she had a rough time adjusting, she is doing better now. The school seems OK but I don't have any experience to compare it to. My concerns with Alex. High are: 1. There should be a separate middle school for 5 -8 grades. Grouping them with High Schoolers forces unneeded pressures on them. There is enough negative distractions around them from TV, computers, magazines, billboard ads, etc... 2. There needs to be more involvement with Parents and teachers. Outside of the initial orientation, I have not been invited back to the school. This concerns me greatly. I'd rather know what's going on inside my child's school. 3. The school should maintain a website so parents can get updated information, meeting dates, activities, etc... 4. Need more Arts Programs.

Posted January 18, 2005
My child started to 'Middle School' this fall. Overall I have been pleased with the school. He is getting a good education and the teachers are great. They keep the parents updated and I know everything that goes on in the classes. I am dissapointed in one area. The high school and the middle school are combined in one school. I think that 5th-7th grades should be totally seperate. The school claims that the 5th and 6th graders are kept totally seperate but my son is with the upper grades many times during the day. I am not pleased with this aspect of the school. Although he has no formal classes with the upper grades, he has interactions with them throughout the school day.

Alexandria High School
353 Stadium Dr, Alexandria, AL  36250
Last modified Alexandria High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Alexandria High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top