Bad
Good

I went to Alexandria in the tenth grade and only had three years there but I found the teachers were very interested in your welfare and your future. i was involved in sports, co-captain of the football team, president of the honor society, president of the senior class and did not live for the sports area. Due to the time sports took, I'm sure there were a lot of students that I did not have a chance to meet but I tried to meet all of them in high school. I'm also sure there were "cliques" but I didn't see any nor was I a member of any. Over all very friendly school, academics were important but we were still a country school and this meant that there were subjects that were not offered as they would be at Anniston High.

Alexandria is a great school other than it mainly focuses on JUST sports. If you don't play some type of sport you just "one of those kids" who doesn't platy sports. This school needs major help.

The principal at this school is not capable of running an institution of this size. He couldn't handle the little 1A school that eh came from. You have a maniacal egomaniac running a show full of "favorites" and teachers dating students. More work needs to be done. Stop putting so much emphasis on importing products for athletics and focus on teaching these kids.

Alexandria is a wonderful school, my child has been here since kindergarden and is now a junior. It;s great to be a Valley Cub......

I have been a student of Alexandria since kindergarten, so I haven't a huge basis to compare to, but I shall make my best attempt. I am a purely academicly focused student that has always achieved A's in all subjects. Alexandria administrators mostly support the athletic students of our school, but our average teachers are very supportive of acedemic students. A very prominent example would be our National Honor Society chapter sponsored by in house teachers who provide us with goals and outlets for community service projects. We are a small rural school, but we offer an excellent band program that recieves ones at almost every competition, and a fabulous choir that also earns many rewards. Our atheletics department is a bit over supported, but it would be useful if your child or yourself was interested in a winning, dedicated sports team.

Good teaching staff. Good leadership, although, defiantly pushes religion. Good basics. Need more emphasis on foreign languages and the arts. School is above average in safety and discipline. Very good major sports. School does not support track and field and other minor sports.

I have been in AHS from k-8th grade. From what i have come to know so far. is that this school is a great opportunity for kids to make friends. but also i think that if your not into sports. you will get excluded from some fun things. other than that i love this school. it would be a great experience to go there. so if your new in calhoun then this is the place to go to school.

I like the school pretty well, but my concern is for the students who do not excel in sports. It seems all the attention goes to football and basketball.

Last modified Alexandria High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.