Anniston, AL

Saks High School 0

Posted March 24, 2009
The teachers work hard to help or get the help your child needs to succeed. The one that comes to mind most is Mrs. Ingram, she is an amazing teacher. The Principal, Mr. Whaley, is the kind of person you have to kind of warm up to because he comes across rather blunt. But you will see he loves this school and would do anything in the world for each and every student, no matter how rich or poor or color of skin. He works hard to make Saks safe for the kids and pushes them to reach their potential. I look forward to him being the principal when my other kids move to the high school. Mr. Alison is a real asset to the school as well. As Assistant Principal, he is the disciplinarian , but still maintains an open door policy to the students anytime they need his help.

Posted July 15, 2008
As a parent and a graduate of SHS, this is a great place to learn and excel in all things.The faculty and staff are always great or as long as i was in school,and are still today!If you are looking for a great learning and above all master the arts of life Saks High School will be a Teacher and A Provider. I know it helped me!

Posted July 01, 2008
Mr. Whaley is a great principal and is way better than Mr.Skinner. Mr. Whaley cares for the studen't and facilty, and he wants to see his school as nothing but the best. mr.Whaley has low toleance for misbehavior. Our school is not the best but he strives to make it the best. We all love Mr.Whaley and when we have a problem the counselor can't solve he's there to help us and always finds time to ask you questions about the school and will let you sit out on drills just to make sure your teacher notices you are missing. He is a great principal and comes in our classrooms continuously to make sure we are doing what our teacher said we would be doing.Keep up the good work Mr.Whaley

Posted April 18, 2007
- a former student
As a former student, I both agree and disagree with the comments posted here. Most of the teachers are caring and take time to see that students learn the material. Overall, I would recommend this school to anyone. I hope someday to return to SHS as a teacher myself, and would be proud to consider myself a member of the SHS faculty.

Saks High School 2

Posted February 18, 2007

Posted March 04, 2006
- a former student
I was a student at SHS. Since attending school there I have relocated and attended many different schools. There is no other school that can compare to SHS. It is true that there are different social groups and status's, but that is a matter at any school. Academic wise SHS is the best in my opinion. It just seems like every other school is so far behind and every child is struggling elsewhere. The teachers really care about their students at SHS. There isn't a big problem discipline wise. If anything, the children who get in trouble need to be disciplined more frequently at home so they know what is expected of them when they are at school. It is not a school's place to teach children such things, it's the parents. Overall SHS is a great place for your children to grow and learn! Go wildcats!

Posted October 29, 2005
I am a past student of Saks High I agree with the other posts. Things are a little biased everyone is catagorized. I wasn't in that 'in' catagory so I didn't fit in and it seemed that it really didn't matter if I showed up or not. As a matter of fact I quit and no one noticed staff wise nor did they ever try to make contact afterwards. I jsut never went back. The only things I liked about Saks was some of the teachers and the school and the location. Would recommend to the popular folks.

Posted February 25, 2005

Posted February 10, 2005
Hello i am a student at Saks High.. i do believe it is kind of a buddy system, and im not trying to argue with the person who posted before but i dont like parents and other people who dont really know everything that goes on at school talking baout how bad it is. Quite frankly i really like this school and all the teachers are nice.. although i do agree with the last post there is lack of extreme discipline. so if you are looking for a place for you child to go i say saks high b/c were not huge like oxford, everyones nice, and they will love it. sry if ive offended anyone but i think that u should see it from a students standpoint!

Posted September 17, 2004

Saks High School
4401 Saks Rd, Anniston, AL  36206
Last modified Saks High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saks High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top