Anniston, AL

Posted May 21, 2013
i love the way the teacher take the time with the kids they make learning fun and my grandson can't wait to teach me the new math and english

Posted July 27, 2009

Saks Middle School 0

Posted March 26, 2009
I truly wish I had nicer things to say here, but sadly I don t. The High and Elementary schools in Saks are amazing, but the Middle school is lacking. The new Principal this year was Assistant Principal at Weaver High last year and seems to be thinking middle school kids should be treated like high schoolers. He should spend more time focusing on academics and less worrying rather kids have elastic waist pants or buttons. The school has you buy a planner at the beginning and they have the STI website, but something is lacking. Yes, some responsibility falls on the students and parents, but the teachers have the kids 7-8 hours a day, but can t take 2 minutes to call/drop a note/ email when a child is struggling. The only contact is if there is a disciplinary issue. Much respect to Mrs. Byrom & Mrs. Gaither excellent teachers.

Saks Middle School 3

Posted February 06, 2008
I have been extremely disappointed in SMS. If your child is normal and struggling, you are pretty much left to fend for yourself. There is technology available for communication but it is not utilized to its full potential with up to date grades and assignments.

Saks Middle School 3

Posted January 03, 2007
The parent/teacher communication is lacking. My child was an A/B student this semester her grades fell to F/D's. No behavior problems, just lack of communication all around. I should have received some type of notification that these grades have dropped this much. I've set up a conference with the staff, but its too late to save the grades from this term. If I had known there was a problem, steps could have been taken to correct it. The child is only 11. I blame not only her, but the staff at this school for just allowing it to happen without so much as a letter home to me or a phone call. Each term is nine weeks long how much time can it take to inform a parent with a normally decent grade that the child is slipping? Five minutes?

Posted July 26, 2004
This school is the best school my child has ever been to my child looks forward to going to school each morning

Saks Middle School
32 Watson, Anniston, AL  36206
Last modified Saks Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-7. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Saks Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top