Anniston, AL

White Plains High School 2

Posted April 29, 2013
To be honest this school needs a lot more. clubs and organizational skills. There has been been many issues with my daughter's graduation. I'm quite disappointed with this school, I had always heard great things about this school but now I think otherwise. I feel like its gone downhill after Mrs. Miller left. There are issues with cords, lack of organization in graduation my daughter and her friends are not excited about it which saddens me because they should be excited about this time in their life. There is a lack of communication between the administration and staff, all I have heard throughout my daughter's senior year is that. The administration makes these new rules and neither the students nor the parents have any idea of what is going on! Sometimes even the teachers don't know. All I know is that I regret, sending my daughter to White Plains High School.

Posted January 20, 2010
White Plains is a very very good school. They have great disicpline. There sport activities are amazing. This is the first choice i would recommend my kids going to.

Posted November 04, 2009
i got to whitplains high school and i love it ! yea it might have a few things here and there that need to be changed,but hey thats every school. but we are very above average and we love it. live the leagacy!pride and success.

Posted October 04, 2009
Because they focus so much on academics and care so much.

Posted September 14, 2009
I' am a student at White Plains and i believe that it is a great school. I have moved to soo many different schools but White Plains is certainly special for me. I've been going to White Plains for about 3 or 4 years. Its like we are all a large Wildcat family. Best school ever, and all of the staff is really hardworking and they care about us.

Posted October 26, 2008
Great things are happening at WPHS! Mr. Chandler, 1st year principal, is a great leader. He is fair and consistent. He embraces the traditions of the past and also looks to progressive changes in the future. The thing that is holding this school back is a small group in the community who want things to stay like they have always been. IF you are not from WP you are considered an outsider, and many make no secret about how they feel. There is definitely a prejudice, not so much a racial prejudice, but a prejudice against people moving into the area within the community as well as some of the more tenured staff members. Test scores are great and so is the basketball program. Overall, great school.

Posted October 01, 2008
White Plains is an excellent school, and has been for a long, long time. The bad thing is that the city people finally figured it out and are moving to White Plains. It used to be a school where everybody new each other and it was very personal. I'm very proud that my children are attending W.P. but I really hope it does not grow anymore!

Posted January 14, 2008
Well I have nothing bad to say about my old high school. I attended there from K-12 and dont regrett any minute of it. Keept it up Wild Cats!

Posted December 10, 2007
White Plains is far above average compared to other public schools. We had a principal who at times was somewhat overprotective, but couldn't have cared more about the kids! The faculty at White Plains High was fantastic and so energetic!

White Plains High School 2

Posted August 20, 2007
hey, the over all experience at the high school is below the average public school. I love the above average cirriculum, testing and so forth! As far as issues with name calling, disrepecting others feelings etc...I am sorry to say but this is just as bad as most places...in fact worse. Also, they loose forms and your child is the 1 that pays for it! This is not good!

250 White Plains Rd, Anniston, AL  36207
Last modified White Plains High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
White Plains High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top