Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teachers are very attuned to their students here. Everyone that I have met are very energetic and nice to be around. I have not met any burned out teachers at this school which is very refreshing. All of them seem to be very dedicated and enthusiastic about their jobs as teachers...

Amount of homework: Agree

Our son is not buried in homework here but he is doing well with his testing and grades.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school does not let issues go unresolved. They are very proactive in addressing things that come up.

We moved from Huntsville Alabama after my son finished 6th grade in May 2015. My son had a hard time with 6th grade there and wasn't liking school too much due to the state of the middle school there. We moved to the White Plains school district due to a job change and it was the highest rated school district in the area. My son started 7th grade the fall of 2015 and immediately we noticed how well that White Plains Middle school operated as opposed to his middle school in Huntsville. We registered him for school and went to orientation where we were impressed by the wonderful state of their facility. It was 8 yrs old but looked like it was built yesterday. We were reached out to by one of the school counselors immediately about some course scheduling . Our son has done wonderfully this past year with all A's and B's in all his classes. He loves going to school and has made lots of new friends. We have been impressed by the school principals, staff and teachers who make everyone feel a part of the school. Every event we have attended has gone off flawlessly and it appears that the staff at White Plains plan out their activities and execute them instead of just winging it as we have seen other schools do in the past. Little things like dropping off/picking up the kids is orchestrated precisely and quickly like no other school we have seen. White Plains attends to the little details and its shows in its school. We are proud to be White Plains Parents. Keep up the great work White Plains!!

My child's first year at this school has rasied several questions in my head regarding this school system. There is much drama within the school that spreads into the community. This year several students are and have left due to issues from the school. This school is great if you are well known in the community, and if you are apart of different parenting groups outside of the school. If you are not apart of the after party or if they don't know any of your personal business then you may have some concerns.

My children and I moved here from out of state and my child enrolled in the middle school after Christmas. He was warmly welcomed, despite coming in halfway through the year, and the staff was super friendly. They remembered his name, and that I was his parent by the 2nd visit (to turn in more paperwork) and unlike his previous school he feels not only challenged by his work, but also feels like his teachers and the school staff genuinely care about him as a person! We've made some sacrifices to stay in this particular school system, but it's well worth the move to see how well he's being challenged mentally and taken care of emotionally.

Last modified White Plains Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 5-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.