Anniston, AL

Anniston High School 3

Posted October 20, 2014
My school is working on improvements, its not the best but its working towards being the best. We are getting new EVERYTHING Books, Desk, Cafeteria renovations. The teachers are doing their best by learning new strategies to teach the students. The only thing that is BAD is how they handle certain situations. Now they putting EVERYBODY in alternative school for the dumbest things and for a very long time. They need to handle their hearing differentley and also have the Superintendent involved more.

Anniston High School 1

Posted July 14, 2011
lol I'm sorry after reading these reviews I have to question who wrote them. It may be fun because you can pretty much do whatever you want to do and academically Anniston is not up to part. I'm a 2000 graduate, but luckily from another school (saks high). Honestly, I didn't learn anything from AHS and was blessed enough to be transferred. My senior year at SHS was the only time I actually learned something worth learning. If you're looking to just send your kid somewhere fun, so he/she can rome and do as they please, then AHS is definitelly the school of choice. However, if your search is in the area of better academics, then look elsewhere.

Posted April 15, 2011
I am an AHS alumni. I had only heard 'bad' things about Anniston High School in the past years so I went there to see for myself what it is like. Every student I talked to was very polite and helpful. They all love their principal. They feel she really cares about them. From what I observed, the school itself looked great except for the road and sidewalks in front. I also heard of positive things happening there.

Anniston High School 5

Posted January 21, 2011
Anniston High is a Great School! I've experienced very caring teachers who have gone beyond the school room communication. Several teacher's have contacted me personally, by phone, when they felt that my child was not livng up to his full potential as a student! The teachers at Anniston High have wrongly received a bad reputaton but from what I've seen, they really put forth extra effort in educationing our children. The atmosphere at the school is similar to a very large, caring family! I'm glad that we made the decision to attend Anniston High!

Posted September 27, 2009
I think that Anniston High has the potential to be a great school. Although I did not attend Anniston I am currenty employeed there. Anniston doe get a bad rap in the media. Here we are right in Anniston and the Anniston Star never has anything positive to say about the school. Sure we have fights, drugs, and teen pregnancy but, so does the other schools. It is assumed that because we are a predominately black school we must be all bad and that is not the case. We have very bright individuals who would like opportunities to continue their educations but it takes a village to raise a child. So parents stop coaching from the sidelines and join the game. It starts at home. Get involved and see what a difference it will make in your kid's futures.

Anniston High School 5

Posted August 25, 2009
I am currently a junior at Anniston High I just wanted to say that I love my school we are not as troubled as everyone thinks we are. I am happy to see to the zero tolerance policy being inforced kids who argue and fight should be suspended. They are disrupting the learning process and parents who think that is a bit much tell your children that there are other ways for problems to be handled, one way is to write down the problem and turn it in to the office. Harassment is not tolerated at Anniston ,and if you are disappointed in the test scores well you as parents need to take the time out and study with your children or get them extra tutoring don t blame the teachers, because I see teachers trying to teach but can t because the students your children won t let them.Thank You

Posted July 24, 2009
I visited the school from hearsay but now that my child is attending and has been for two years transferring from California, Anniston High School outshines the others that we visited. Saks, Jacksonville, Oxford and the one private school that I forgot the name

Posted July 02, 2009
whoever your child is doesnt know what they are talking about if you get the fighting at our shool its automatis suspnsion for five days so u and your child need to know what you are talking about our school int bad as every one makes it we just need better teachers and more extra cirrular activites

Posted June 24, 2009
This school is the best for my child. I love attending meetings and i am always updated on my child's behavior and academics. I commend everyone in that school. I commend the teachers, principals, lunch assistants, and students.

Posted April 07, 2009
I feel like Anniston High School gets a bad reputation when it should not. AHS has some great students who try really hard to better themselves and overcome negative opinions. I think the students at AHS are willing to work harder than students at other schools and they are very open minded. Students, faculty, and staff of AHS have a close relationship and teachers there are very supportive of their students. Some parents of AHS students need to be more involved with their children. I feel like my students are prepared for a promising future after high school and all are very accepting of other people. Anniston High has very talented, creative, and friendly students who respect each other and their teachers! All schools have problems, but AHS has great kids and a tight-knit faculty that supports one another! Bulldogs lead the way!

1301 Woodstock Ave, Anniston, AL  36207
Last modified Anniston High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Anniston High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top