Posted March 31, 2010
Grassy is a great school no one should be afraid to send there children here the teachers will work with you . I was raised in the huntsville city school system and grassy should have been the choice for my parents !

Grassy Elementary School 2

Posted February 07, 2009
my son was doing well at his other school and when we moved him here his grades dropped. He says his teacher yells 'shut up'. He is also made to miss class to clean with the janitor, which lets him go out side to help load the janitors car alone, that is not safe! I had spoken with the principal and my first response was from her defensive, but after a couple of calls she said she would handle it. My son is suppose to be in resource class but after two months of 'F's', he finally was place, despite the fact that I had all the paper work for his easy transfer. My son Never had these problems at his other school. He is well liked!

Posted January 28, 2009

Grassy Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2008

Grassy Elementary School 0

Posted August 26, 2008
We are new at this school too, and we couldn't be happier! My daughter likes school again! We moved from the city school to the county. Everyone is so nice! The teacher actually said that if a child didn't understand something that the teacher didn't do her job - so PLEASE ask questions! She is so much more relaxed and comfortable here. They have some pretty great policies here too. From school supplies to rewards for the kids, I can't say enough about this school. :-)

Posted August 21, 2008
It is absolutely wonderful! My kids come home with smiles! The teachers enjoy teaching! They encourage parental involvement. This is my kids first year here - we transferred them from another local school - and we are soooo much happier! I would highly recommend this school to anyone that is moving to the area.

Posted August 09, 2005
Grassy is a very good school. The teachers are dedicated and wonderful. I have a mentally challenged child that attends there and they are just very acceptive of her and have worked so hard with her, they treat no kids differently. They love a parents input and involvment in things and thats a wonderful thing for a school. I wouldnt have my kid anywhere else but at Grassy Elementry.

Posted May 23, 2005
This is the best school to my opinion. The teachers are the best as well as the principal. I am glad my children are able to attend grassy elementary. My daughter started out a little behind after we had transfered from a different school, but her kindergarten teacher was able to bring her around. I am so proud of her and Mrs Morris.

Posted June 03, 2004
Grassy Elementry is a great school for our children. The Teachers care for thier students and I always feel welcome when I stop by. Mrs. Shelia Cumo has been wonderfull to me and my son as well as Mrs. Jana Kennamer.Dr. Kirkland always has a smile.We look forward to 3rd grade being just as wonderful.It means so much when your child likes his teachers and is proud of his report cards. Thanks everyone and Keep up the good work.

Grassy Elementary School
2233 Shoal Creek Rd, Arab, AL  35016
Last modified Grassy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Grassy Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top