Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Well some are. Like Mrs. Bagget and Mrs. Isom but some kids think Mrs. Butchanan is hard. I personally think she is a great teacher but some think she has favorites in her students.

Amount of homework: Disagree

My classes always give to much homework. And for the athletic kids like me it's hard to keep up. I know some kids are really falling behind

Wonderful school filled with wonderful educators. I learned so much at AJHS. I would recommend sending anyones kids there.

Awful political school! If you are not a teacher or administrator your child will be nothing. They let that be known very well. It is sad.

AJHS is where both of my older children go to school, and the teachers are excellent. I have been so impressed with the communication between school and parent. I also appreciate the fact that they have so many great extra-curricular activities for the kids to be part of. I think that the Arab School System is one of the very best in the State of Alabama and probably in the country.

Arab Junior High is a wonderful school with great teachers and a caring principal. Teachers communicate with parents daily and students are excited about learning. My child is a special needs child and I could not express how much the teachers go above and beyond to make school fun and interesting. I would not send my children anywhere else!

This is a realy great school. The teachers really do not need to call parents. it's a small town no a very small town and every body knows everbody and words gets around fast veary fast. The school system as a whole is veary politacl if you do not have money DO NOT TRY TO GET A JOB THERE. My mom tried for maney years and finally got a job in the Huntsville City school system. She says coming for arab to huntsville is like hell to Heven. But other then the staff and faculty Arab city schools is a realy great school

I am not pleased with the way this school is run. We moved here from the north four years ago and picked Arab because of the school but I would have picked somewhere else. There is no parent teacher communication at all even if you child is failing. There is no diversity in the school which I think is a bad thing. I have talked to other 'outsiders' who say the same thing. If you are from another state especially the north I would maybe try Guntersville or Huntsville.

Last modified Arab Jr High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.