Bad
Good

Prepared me for college & in turn, medical school. Great City, Great School!

Arab High School provided an excellent educational foundation for our son, who is attending a leading Southern Engineering University.

I absolutely loved Arab High School. I went through the Arab City School systems and I believe it prepared me for everything after high school. The teachers were amazingly knowledgeable, the administration was helpful, and it offers every extracurricular imaginable. I am so thankful for Arab High School and the future it prepared me for.

I graduated from Arab High School, and having just completed my associate's degree on my way to my bachelor's, I can say with all confidence that I was better prepared in most cases than students from a lot of other schools in my area. I was blessed to have several great teachers who worked with me, and who heavily influenced my desire to teach one day. The school does have high expectations of its students, but those expectations require us to expect great things of ourselves. I'd love to come back in a few years as a teacher, and I would recommend the Arab school system to anyone who wants to be challenged to excel.

I just sent a lengthy comment on your band that was in Chicago, Il. last weekent(l7March2012.

I am currently enrolled as a sophomore at Arab High School, and I love it! Most people believe that Arab is a school full of rednecks and sluts, but i can truthfully tell you that it's not. Everyone gets along with pretty much everyone. If Arab enrolls new students, they will fit in within the first five minutes their there. Now, the teachers... well, they are just wonderful. I love my teachers, and even the teachers I don't have. They don't just make you do work work work, all the time, they also, like to have fun while they teach. Yes, the classes are hard, but doesn't that better prepare you for life ahead of you? Yes, it does. I am in Honors English 10 at the moment, and my teacher teaches this specific course as a college class. Yes, its hard, but I am glad she does it that way, because it prepares me. Extra ciricular activities are great! The sports teams this year have excelled so much. Like our football team takin us to the 2nd round of playoffs this year. Everything about this school is great, and i am glad to say, I'm part of this school district. :)

Arab is interesting. Very clickish. Almost impossible for new students to fit in. If you conform to the idealistic rules set by the administration (Principle to the teachers) at Arab High, then the staff will not bother you. Beware... read all the fine print! Rules are left up to staff members interpretation. No clarity from the Principle or Vice on the rules which leads to confusion by the students. They promote all students are the same. No individualism. Students beware of atheletics program. If you have an interest in any sport other than the traditional programs, look to another school.

I, too, am a student at Arab High School, and I am fully confident it is one of the best in state. We are always first and second in our test scores, such as the Alabama Reading and Mathematics exam, and our number of kids who pass the graduation exam are almost a perfect 100%. Quality education and great teachers. The extra curricular activites are great, too! Everyone can find something they're interested in. The musical theatre productions are Broadway quality, and have been nationally recognized at the Thespian Festival in Nebraska, where they also performed. The choral groups are among the best in the state, as well. I would highly recommend this school.

I am a student at Arab High School, and I believe it has to be the best, school I have ever gone to. It has wonderful people, and no one taunts or teases other people. It has wonderful teachers, students, and faculty. They have an excellent band program, as well as excellent sports teams. They also have high expectations and are very good at teaching students life lessons. I believe AHS has taught me valuble life lessons. I reccomend anybody come to it.

I can honestly say that by going to Arab High School that I was better prepared for college than others. The teachers are very good, the material and subject matter is diverse, and for the most part they care about you as an individual and want you to succeed.

Last modified Arab High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.