Arab, AL

Posted August 21, 2013
I graduated from Arab High School, and having just completed my associate's degree on my way to my bachelor's, I can say with all confidence that I was better prepared in most cases than students from a lot of other schools in my area. I was blessed to have several great teachers who worked with me, and who heavily influenced my desire to teach one day. The school does have high expectations of its students, but those expectations require us to expect great things of ourselves. I'd love to come back in a few years as a teacher, and I would recommend the Arab school system to anyone who wants to be challenged to excel.

Posted March 18, 2012
I just sent a lengthy comment on your band that was in Chicago, Il. last weekent(l7March2012.

Posted January 30, 2011
I am currently enrolled as a sophomore at Arab High School, and I love it! Most people believe that Arab is a school full of rednecks and sluts, but i can truthfully tell you that it's not. Everyone gets along with pretty much everyone. If Arab enrolls new students, they will fit in within the first five minutes their there. Now, the teachers... well, they are just wonderful. I love my teachers, and even the teachers I don't have. They don't just make you do work work work, all the time, they also, like to have fun while they teach. Yes, the classes are hard, but doesn't that better prepare you for life ahead of you? Yes, it does. I am in Honors English 10 at the moment, and my teacher teaches this specific course as a college class. Yes, its hard, but I am glad she does it that way, because it prepares me. Extra ciricular activities are great! The sports teams this year have excelled so much. Like our football team takin us to the 2nd round of playoffs this year. Everything about this school is great, and i am glad to say, I'm part of this school district. :)

Arab High School 1

Posted February 08, 2010
Arab is interesting. Very clickish. Almost impossible for new students to fit in. If you conform to the idealistic rules set by the administration (Principle to the teachers) at Arab High, then the staff will not bother you. Beware... read all the fine print! Rules are left up to staff members interpretation. No clarity from the Principle or Vice on the rules which leads to confusion by the students. They promote all students are the same. No individualism. Students beware of atheletics program. If you have an interest in any sport other than the traditional programs, look to another school.

Arab High School 1

Posted June 29, 2009

Posted March 25, 2009
I, too, am a student at Arab High School, and I am fully confident it is one of the best in state. We are always first and second in our test scores, such as the Alabama Reading and Mathematics exam, and our number of kids who pass the graduation exam are almost a perfect 100%. Quality education and great teachers. The extra curricular activites are great, too! Everyone can find something they're interested in. The musical theatre productions are Broadway quality, and have been nationally recognized at the Thespian Festival in Nebraska, where they also performed. The choral groups are among the best in the state, as well. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted September 30, 2008

Arab High School 0

Posted May 06, 2008
I am a student at Arab High School, and I believe it has to be the best, school I have ever gone to. It has wonderful people, and no one taunts or teases other people. It has wonderful teachers, students, and faculty. They have an excellent band program, as well as excellent sports teams. They also have high expectations and are very good at teaching students life lessons. I believe AHS has taught me valuble life lessons. I reccomend anybody come to it.

Posted November 14, 2007
I can honestly say that by going to Arab High School that I was better prepared for college than others. The teachers are very good, the material and subject matter is diverse, and for the most part they care about you as an individual and want you to succeed.

Posted October 26, 2007
The best learning environment I have been a part of. Student to teacher ratio at the Junior high and High school level is oneof the best in the state. Teachers are uniquely qualified in their fields of instruction with a large porportion of Masters Degrees. Counseling is a priority and students receive timely and pertenent feedback on progress, or lack of. Extracirricular activities are complete and while the teams are not state ranked, the community supports them as if they were. A great education experience for all levels.

Arab High School
511 Arabian Dr NE, Arab, AL  35016
Last modified Arab High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Arab High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top