K-12|Private

Bad
Good

We sent both our children to ABS from kindergarten through 12th. Very pleased with the school. We enjoyed the family atmosphere. Our children were not particularly athletic but that did not affect their relations with other students. Both went to college (one public, one private) and were well prepared. Never regretted our decision and our kids had good friends through school and have remained close friends with many after graduation.

All three of our children attend here and we are very pleased with the education and especially with the learning and social environment. Teachers invest themselves in each student. Morals and values are strongly implemented in the education of every subject and athletics. Good academic leadership from the administration. The school has averaged one National Merit Finalist or Semi-finalist for the last ten years and has one a number of state championships or runner ups over the last ten years.

I graduated from ABS in 2008 and I am now enrolled in college at Freed-Hardeman University. I truly believe that ABS has prepared me for college and I am making all A's and B's. The environment was great there. I was always surrounded by good people that helped me make the right decisions. The teachers took the extra time to help me with my studies. I went from being the kid who was labeled ADD and dyslexic at a public school to excelling in academics and graduating 3rd in my class. Even though it may have its rough edges at times, I would still pick ABS over any other school in Athens...or even Alabama for that matter.

I love it a abs, nice teachers who cair and a great Christian envirment. but some times it seems that they cair more about sports than anything.

I went to a public school for 5 years. Then my parents moved me to ABS. I was much happier there. There is more one-on-one time with students, for there are more teachers per student ratio. The academics are not bad, as some may think, they just teach some of the subjects out of order from the way the state does. This, however, does not interfere with students coming in from different schools. They will be taught what they need to be, and not take the same class as one they have already taken. I am very pleased with the school.

two of my three children graduated from abs. it worked well for the 2. not at all for the third, as she has an inquiring mind and this is not encouraged nor accepted. my major concern was and is that students are not ready to deal with the real world after graduation; however, this can be dealt with in the home. all in all. would still do the same. the two older children feel this was an invaluable experience.

Academics are not the top priority. Students are more likely to get a better education elsewhere. My child was not happy there. There is a lot of parental involvement. Parents are strongly encouraged to help out in fundraising.

Last modified Athens Bible School is a Private school that serves grades K-12