Clements High School

Public | 6-12

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted May 1, 2013

My school is Clements High School. There's a good friendly community feel when you enter Clements. As a parent listening to the students; overall I agree that Clements is a great school to attend. The band team is great as well as the other activities offered. Every child is given time, attention to by involved teachers/staff and an opportunity to learn and grow. There's always room for improvement. The building could use a lil sprucing up, paint job (the older look gives it character). I feel confident that Clements is on a good academic working roll right now and the students are having fun..

Posted July 19, 2010

I currently attend Clements and I will be a graduate of the 2011 class. I will admit there are a few little problems, but what school doesn't have their little problems. I have attended this school since kindergarten, and I believe this school is the best in the county and state. I am so tired of people in the community downgrading our school. The problems they talk about are mainly student drama whether or not they present them in that way. I feel some parents get false stories from their students resulting in unnecessary conflict. The students should straighten up and care more for their own education rather than causing problems and making our school seem so terrible. This school is great with a loving and caring staff that strives to make everyone feel safe and comfortable. I always have and always will support Clements and its supportive and caring environment.

Posted April 5, 2010

My daughter have attended clements all their life and love it. I would not send them to another school. Recommend 100%

Posted June 17, 2009

This school has been great. I have a child entering the 3rd grade this year. We have been impressed with his first 3 years of school. All of his teachers have been great. I can not speak to the middle or high school part but the elementary is great. They have an awards day every grading period to recognize honor roll students. The kids love it as it gives them a goal to strive for. I would definitely recommend Clements for elementary age students.

Posted December 4, 2008

I am a current student at Clements High School. Im a senior in the graduating class of 2009. I have attended this school since I was in Kindergarten. Over the years I've had no problems. That was until I got into high school. This school and its principal operate on 'who you know' system. We have a few teachers that teach bell to bell trying to prepare us for college and the real world. Others don't teach. At least one of them my parents had to get involved so I could get my grades on progress reports. Well anyway before I get started on a rant. All I am saying is that some of the teachers are wonderful and will really prepare your child for college or the real world. But some of the teachers will teach your child nothing.

Posted May 28, 2008

I was a student and now a parent of Clements. Things haven't changed much, just different faces, same bad attitudes. Unfortunalty my family is happy in the area with their friends and activities. I thought about home school but this day and age, my husband and I both have to work. If you are considering this school, please think long and hard.

Posted August 23, 2007

Overall, I believe that the Clements School Faculty is doing a really good job. It is so exciting to see so many teachers, including coaching staff, and etc. that are Christians, who share their faith by their lifestyle and love towards the children and their parents. As parents and guardians of our children, we should encourage and instruct them in a positive way and be careful to not always place blame on the faculty.

Posted August 22, 2007

The negative comments are so true. This school is so bad (teachers and asst. principal)that I moved during the summer as far away from Clements School district as I could. I'd rather go to jail than send my kids to that school! That is no lie or exaggeration!

Posted July 26, 2007

I graduated 20 years ago, but I can see that things haven't changed as my niece and nephew go there now. In the lower grades, you don't see it so much, but watch out when you get to high school. The elementary teachers are still great!!! It does matter what your last name is when you enter high school!!! And this washes over onto the cliques in the school, too! In addition, they don't prepare kids for college. The 'advanced' degree doesn't put a child ahead. It just gives them what they actually need to make it in college. Without the advanced degree, a child will stuggle with college. I live in the school district and home school my children as I would not send them there.

Posted June 30, 2007

Clements isn't as great as people put it out to be. Teachers play favorties with the students. If your child isn't a teachers favorite then they have a harder time getting help from teachers. Disapline is given out according to who your parents are and where they came from. Most students in my oppinion aren't treated fairly. Their are a few good teachers there tho, but they are far and few inbetween.

Posted January 30, 2007

My youngest son graduated with an advanced diploma and said the he found out in college that Clements didn't prepare him adequately. He said that he felt the teacher was qualified but wasn't able to actually teach the material. I attended Clements as did both my sons so I feel that I can say that Clements overall is a great school with less trouble with student behavior problems like bigger schools but like many public school it leaves some students not quite as prepared for college. I also have heard that since Mike Owens left as principal discipline has declined but that the athletic support has increased. Overall, Clements is a good school. I do think that the overall parental support is poor.

Posted July 27, 2006

My kids have been going to Clements since they started school and we have never had any problems. All the teachers my kids have had have been extremely helpful and caring. As far as the comment about being rich what school doesn't ask for money?

Posted July 9, 2006

I attended Clements personally. My experience at Clements was horrible. Teachers didn't care. Teachers and the principal at the time avoided parents.

Posted April 27, 2006

I have had two sons go thru Clements from K-12. There are many good and great teachers at the school. However, there also many not so good teachers. The Block schedule has ruined this school. The teachers will teach for 30 minutes and give the students 60 minutes to work. They never bring home any homework. And towards the end of the school, they have the students watch movies! Many teachers are just lazy. This school needs quality leadership. But then again, the entire Limestone County school systems is lousy.

Posted March 11, 2006

If you'll notice the only people on this site that actually have good things to say about Clements are the people that graduated there. I put my child in Clements this year and it was a huge mistake. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. We got out as quickly as we could. The teachers aren't teaching which is why the over all testing is so low. They hand out caculators in math class so that the teachers don't have to explain anything. They stay on their cell phones, computers and because of that, my child is behind in several subjects. He wasn't behind until he went there ... now we have to undo what they did. It's a school that needs someone to come in and evaluate whats really going on in the classrooms.

Posted September 14, 2005

If you are not rich, this is not the school for your children! Every time I turn around they want money. Sometimes the children are outcast and left out if you don't have the money. Single or low income families avoid this school if at all possible. I am NOT refering to any sports or band, etc. It is basic activities. Teachers want to be extravagant at the parents' expense!

Posted August 9, 2005

My children were new to this school. At orientation, we were so lost. One teacher did help us out, but mainly it was mass confusion. My child's teacher could sure use a little more lessons in common courtesy. Parents are human beings and don't have to be talked to woth smart attitudes! Boy! I miss my children's last school! Teachers really knew how to communicate with the parents-- and nicely!!

Posted May 31, 2005

Sorry everyone, but this school isn't as great as everyone says it is. It shouldn't matter if you are a great athlete or the one who sleeps in class. Everyone should be treated equally.I've had enough of all this.

Posted April 12, 2005

I have 2 children that attend my alma mater also. My daughter is AB Honor Roll since her first day of Kindergarten. My son is has a learning disability in Math. I recognized it and he was tested for it. The IEP teacher's are wonderful and keep me informed about his progress. Clements has the best teacher's in the county if not the state. Some of them were teaching when I was in school. I graduated in 1988. That should say something about our caliber of teacher's and the Admin staff at this fine school. I wouldn't have my children at any other county of city school in Limestone County. Good job teacher's!!!!!

Posted July 25, 2004

I think it is an advantage for special needs children to not have to change schools for 13 years. It creates continuity of teaching. My disabled 7 yr old has had the best teachers.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2012.

104 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 88% in 2012.

104 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Reading and Mathematics Test (ARMT) to test students in grades 3 through 8 in reading and math. The ARMT is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above the state standard.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 86% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 79% in 2012.

93 students were tested at this school in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 79% in 2012.

93 students were tested at this school in 2012.

All Students65%

Proficient in English90%
Non-migrant89%
Poverty85%
Scale: % level 3 or 4

The different student groups are identified by the Alabama Department of Education. If there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group, the state doesn't report data for that group.

All Students53%

Non-migrant76%
Poverty67%
Non-poverty91%

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2012.

Scale: % level 3 or level 4

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama Science Assessment (ASA) to test students in grades 5 and 7 in science. The ASA is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficiency level 3.

All Students71%
Poverty63%
Non-poverty81%
Scale: % level 3 or level 4

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 95% in 2012.

Language

The state average for Language was 75% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 85% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 83% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2009.

n/a
Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 71% in 2012.

Scale: % passing

In 2011-2012 Alabama used the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE) to test high school students in reading, math, language, biology and social studies. High school students must pass the AHSGE in order to graduate. The AHSGE is a standards-based test, which means it measures specific skills defined for each grade by the state of Alabama. The goal is for all students to pass the test.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 98% in 2012.

Language

The state average for Language was 90% in 2012.

Math

The state average for Math was 95% in 2012.

Reading

The state average for Reading was 94% in 2012.

Science

The state average for Science was 94% in 2009.

62 students were tested at this school in 2009.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 90% in 2012.

All Students95%

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 53%N/A56%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

7730 Hwy 72 West