Athens, AL

Posted May 01, 2013
My school is Clements High School. There's a good friendly community feel when you enter Clements. As a parent listening to the students; overall I agree that Clements is a great school to attend. The band team is great as well as the other activities offered. Every child is given time, attention to by involved teachers/staff and an opportunity to learn and grow. There's always room for improvement. The building could use a lil sprucing up, paint job (the older look gives it character). I feel confident that Clements is on a good academic working roll right now and the students are having fun..

Posted July 19, 2010
I currently attend Clements and I will be a graduate of the 2011 class. I will admit there are a few little problems, but what school doesn't have their little problems. I have attended this school since kindergarten, and I believe this school is the best in the county and state. I am so tired of people in the community downgrading our school. The problems they talk about are mainly student drama whether or not they present them in that way. I feel some parents get false stories from their students resulting in unnecessary conflict. The students should straighten up and care more for their own education rather than causing problems and making our school seem so terrible. This school is great with a loving and caring staff that strives to make everyone feel safe and comfortable. I always have and always will support Clements and its supportive and caring environment.

Posted April 05, 2010
My daughter have attended clements all their life and love it. I would not send them to another school. Recommend 100%

Posted October 28, 2009

Posted June 17, 2009
This school has been great. I have a child entering the 3rd grade this year. We have been impressed with his first 3 years of school. All of his teachers have been great. I can not speak to the middle or high school part but the elementary is great. They have an awards day every grading period to recognize honor roll students. The kids love it as it gives them a goal to strive for. I would definitely recommend Clements for elementary age students.

Clements High School 3

Posted December 04, 2008
I am a current student at Clements High School. Im a senior in the graduating class of 2009. I have attended this school since I was in Kindergarten. Over the years I've had no problems. That was until I got into high school. This school and its principal operate on 'who you know' system. We have a few teachers that teach bell to bell trying to prepare us for college and the real world. Others don't teach. At least one of them my parents had to get involved so I could get my grades on progress reports. Well anyway before I get started on a rant. All I am saying is that some of the teachers are wonderful and will really prepare your child for college or the real world. But some of the teachers will teach your child nothing.

Clements High School 2

Posted May 28, 2008
I was a student and now a parent of Clements. Things haven't changed much, just different faces, same bad attitudes. Unfortunalty my family is happy in the area with their friends and activities. I thought about home school but this day and age, my husband and I both have to work. If you are considering this school, please think long and hard.

Posted August 23, 2007
Overall, I believe that the Clements School Faculty is doing a really good job. It is so exciting to see so many teachers, including coaching staff, and etc. that are Christians, who share their faith by their lifestyle and love towards the children and their parents. As parents and guardians of our children, we should encourage and instruct them in a positive way and be careful to not always place blame on the faculty.

Clements High School 1

Posted August 22, 2007
The negative comments are so true. This school is so bad (teachers and asst. principal)that I moved during the summer as far away from Clements School district as I could. I'd rather go to jail than send my kids to that school! That is no lie or exaggeration!

Clements High School 3

Posted July 26, 2007
- a former student
I graduated 20 years ago, but I can see that things haven't changed as my niece and nephew go there now. In the lower grades, you don't see it so much, but watch out when you get to high school. The elementary teachers are still great!!! It does matter what your last name is when you enter high school!!! And this washes over onto the cliques in the school, too! In addition, they don't prepare kids for college. The 'advanced' degree doesn't put a child ahead. It just gives them what they actually need to make it in college. Without the advanced degree, a child will stuggle with college. I live in the school district and home school my children as I would not send them there.

Clements High School
7730 Hwy 72 West, Athens, AL  35611
Last modified Clements High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clements High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top