Bad
Good

Posted October 20, 2014
East Limestone is an excellent school and the students have so many opportunities to get involved. I have had two children graduate from East and they both had wonderful experiences there.

East Limestone High School 1

Posted October 10, 2014
Our child previously attended the preceding Creekside Elementary which has great management/leadership, challenges students and overall grades excellent with us. However, East Limestone is pale in comparison! From an outsider that has seen quality educational programs in various cities/states, East Limestone is no even on the map. Sure it is certainly a percentage of finances that is holding this school back, but truly it is a mismanaging of funds/priorities, a cultural lackadaisical attitude and lack of vision. The principal is just now retiring after 30 years (classic tenure, not merit) so hopefully there is about to be a significant philosophical calibration here. This school needs to stop worrying about being "so nice" and concentrate on prepping students for real collegiate success. Aggressive and progressive leadership is sorely needed at this school now. We are seriously considering bearing the significant cost increase to move our children to the Madison City schools. They have vision, significant budget, diverse staff and much greater % of engineer/military background parents in Madison. East Limestone has small town super nice staff, but does nice promote success?

Posted May 01, 2013
I have heard so many good things about East Limestone High. I am glad my children will be able to attend in the next few years!

East Limestone High School 1

Posted February 01, 2012
The teachers and coaches here are just putting in time so they can retire and help there children in sports if they are the coaches. There is a lot of politics going on in the school and it is run down terribly. Seems there not putting any money into the school!

East Limestone High School 2

Posted September 03, 2010
Me and my wife have nieces that go to ELHS, 1 graduated this last year the other just started 6th grade there. My wife is a teacher (in another school system) and has had to straighten out my nieces schedule last year, a friend of hers and her boy friends (who is attending ELHS this year) schedules for graduation. The counselors at ELHS are not up to date on new state policies and what is required for graduation and I have seen first hand my wife having to tell parents (of students that go to ELHS) new state policies so there kids could be put into the right classes to be on track for graduation. Counselors at ELHS have no clue whats going on. We were going to move into the school system, but have decided to move elsewhere after experiencing the problems first hand.

East Limestone High School 2

Posted June 27, 2009
I am a freshman at ELHS and I believe that the funds are not distrubuted equally. The football and cheerleading programs are given more money that any other activity. I know especially the band is in debt. It seems to me that the most important thing to this school isn't academics but sports, namely football.

Posted April 27, 2009
I am in 6th grade at East, and it is an awesome school. Both the athletics and sports program are one of the best in the state

Posted December 26, 2008
I am an eighth grader at East and am in athletics and I love it. I mean,we might not have the best of things but it's cool.

Posted October 16, 2008
I am in the eighth grade at East Limestone Middle School. Even though ELMS doesn't have the best quality school buiding, they do the best they can with what they have! I just moved there and I was very worried about making friends and fitting in. But everyone is so warm and welcoming! That is why I am looking forward to the next four years in High School there!! Thanks- a student.(:

East Limestone High School 4

Posted September 11, 2008
I have 2 children in East - one in Middle School and one in High School. I believe the system is doing its best with what it has available for them. Both of my kids have gone to East Limestone schools since Kindergarten.

15641 East Limestone Rd, Athens, AL  35613
Last modified East Limestone High School is a Public school that serves grades 6-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
East Limestone High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top