Lee-Scott Academy

Private | PK-12

Student diversity

Living in Auburn

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $162,600. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $690.

Sweep tile

Posted June 9, 2012

As a university professor, this was an obvious choice for my two children. The environment is wonderful. I can make those statements having also experience the local public school system (K-5). My experience with the public school system was not that favorable hence we opted for LSA. My oldest son, when in public school, spent significant time "helping the other kids that don't understand." Furthermore, when I met with the instructor to discuss this issue, I was told "Oh, don't worry your son is doing great! He is ahead of the class and we don't ever have to worry about him." Teaching to the lowest common denominator is not part of my educational model. I don't engage that practice in my classroom and I will not abide those that do. I would encourage any parent to come to LSA and take a look at what it has to offer.

Posted March 3, 2012

Some of my worst memories are at this school. If you're folks are affluent and you are relatively well-adjusted, maybe it's for you. If you are being abused and neglected at home, you won't feel welcome here either.

Posted March 4, 2010

it has good nice teachers and my kids love it

Posted January 15, 2009

My daughter attended the K4 program and was taught by Kim Chavis. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. My daughter was more than prepared for Kindergarten. She is excelling and I know it is because of the sound foundation of a strong K4 program.

Posted January 27, 2008

Such a wonderful environment! We're only in the Kindergarten program, but I don't forsee ever leaving. Mrs. McLeod is professional, and my daughter has the best possible teacher she could have for her first year in 'big' school. We couldn't be happier.

Posted October 1, 2007

LSA is the absolute best thing I have done for my child..without a doubt! I don't worry about her at all while she is in a great atmosphere and around wonderful teachers and leaders who care about the children and their safety. She is involved in cheerleading, anchor club, robotics and key club...she comes home excited about what she has encountered at Lee Scott...Go Warriors! Dr Roberts is truly a leader and a wonderful man with Christian values. Mr Samford has my respect and my child thinks he is the best!

Posted April 1, 2006

I have 2 children in lee-scott who are doing academically superiorly to any of the public school system, and i know this because they have friends in both opelika and auburn school systems. If you plan for your child to succeed and get into a reputable college unfortunately you may have to pay for this. The xtra curricular activities are available to all that will take advantage of it. As a parent I feel very involved in the progress and successes of my children. Lee Scott is safer environment for my children, there are no metal detectors or policeman in the school at this time and hopefully never.

Posted February 21, 2006

My only regret in my life is that I sent my child to LSA.... she is miserable everyday. Discipline is strange and uneven. LSA has a locker room atmosphere and every other teacher is a coach. My child who attends LSA comes home with a terrible attitude. She feels left out. I would definitely refer you to another school, considering the education at LSA is just not challenging for a gifted child. The board and headmaster needs a wakeup call before it is to late. If you don t believe me, just check around. Talk to the parents that are taking their children out of LSA and ask why .

Posted June 5, 2005

We have been at Lee-Scott for 6 years and as a public school teacher myself I could not be more estatic about the education and values my children are receiveing at Lee-Scott! They have a quality academic program with extracurricular activities to match. I feel that my children have not only received a HIGH quality education but are in a very safe and productive atmosphere. By teaching in the public school sytems I see the difference in the value and standards of education my children receive. Children are taught by very skilled and nurturing educators. I feel that Lee-Scott offers the BEST education in this area and no one can match their quality and values. If education and values are priorities in your family then Lee-Scott is the place for you and your children. We also have one the best administrative personnel available with Dr. Roberts, Nancy McLeod, and Bobby Samford!

Posted May 31, 2005

Over priced education. I am pulling my kids and putting them in the Opelika School System.

Posted May 5, 2005

We are just completing our first year at Lee-Scott and we are very pleased. My first grader is reading and spelling at a very advanced level. The children are very well behaved and well-mannered. My eight grader is excelling in math and english like he never has in other schools we have attended. Being a newcomer, I was suprised at how readily accepted he was into the class and was even voted class favorite at the beginning of the year. He was encouraged to join the JV football team and has found many friends there. A solid, traditional education is offered amongst very supportive and friendly families. While Auburn Public schools have a good reputation, we feel the academics and the atmosphere at Lee-Scott are better suited to our children.

Posted February 7, 2005

Not a very good school. A rather great amount of students transfer to the Auburn Public schools, which are a lot better in many aspects and have better-disciplined children. Lee Scott has a reputation for selfish, mean, and boastful students.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted December 12, 2004

This school is academically superior to local public city schools, which are rated highly in Alabama. However, at Lee-Scott, most of the students are high achievers and their SAT scores are usually in the high 80th percentile (many scoring in the 90s). The current Headmaster, Dr.Don Roberts, has made incredible strides to ensure that the school maintains its high caliber. All the teachers are highly competent, and many varied courses are available. If you want safety, high morals, and the finest education in Auburn, Lee-Scott is the only choice. My daughter (5th grade) has many friends, and is highly motivated.

Posted October 17, 2003

I have never seen such talent pulled from children. It is an absolute wonderful place for a child to get an excellent education with all the extracurriculars.

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious