Posted June 09, 2012
As a university professor, this was an obvious choice for my two children. The environment is wonderful. I can make those statements having also experience the local public school system (K-5). My experience with the public school system was not that favorable hence we opted for LSA. My oldest son, when in public school, spent significant time "helping the other kids that don't understand." Furthermore, when I met with the instructor to discuss this issue, I was told "Oh, don't worry your son is doing great! He is ahead of the class and we don't ever have to worry about him." Teaching to the lowest common denominator is not part of my educational model. I don't engage that practice in my classroom and I will not abide those that do. I would encourage any parent to come to LSA and take a look at what it has to offer.

Lee-Scott Academy 1

Posted March 03, 2012
Some of my worst memories are at this school. If you're folks are affluent and you are relatively well-adjusted, maybe it's for you. If you are being abused and neglected at home, you won't feel welcome here either.

Posted March 04, 2010
it has good nice teachers and my kids love it

Posted January 15, 2009
My daughter attended the K4 program and was taught by Kim Chavis. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience. My daughter was more than prepared for Kindergarten. She is excelling and I know it is because of the sound foundation of a strong K4 program.

Lee-Scott Academy 4

Posted September 08, 2008

Lee-Scott Academy 2

Posted May 26, 2008

Lee-Scott Academy 0

Posted January 27, 2008
Such a wonderful environment! We're only in the Kindergarten program, but I don't forsee ever leaving. Mrs. McLeod is professional, and my daughter has the best possible teacher she could have for her first year in 'big' school. We couldn't be happier.

Lee-Scott Academy 0

Posted October 01, 2007
LSA is the absolute best thing I have done for my child..without a doubt! I don't worry about her at all while she is in a great atmosphere and around wonderful teachers and leaders who care about the children and their safety. She is involved in cheerleading, anchor club, robotics and key club...she comes home excited about what she has encountered at Lee Scott...Go Warriors! Dr Roberts is truly a leader and a wonderful man with Christian values. Mr Samford has my respect and my child thinks he is the best!

Lee-Scott Academy 4

Posted April 01, 2006
I have 2 children in lee-scott who are doing academically superiorly to any of the public school system, and i know this because they have friends in both opelika and auburn school systems. If you plan for your child to succeed and get into a reputable college unfortunately you may have to pay for this. The xtra curricular activities are available to all that will take advantage of it. As a parent I feel very involved in the progress and successes of my children. Lee Scott is safer environment for my children, there are no metal detectors or policeman in the school at this time and hopefully never.

Lee-Scott Academy 1

Posted February 21, 2006
My only regret in my life is that I sent my child to LSA.... she is miserable everyday. Discipline is strange and uneven. LSA has a locker room atmosphere and every other teacher is a coach. My child who attends LSA comes home with a terrible attitude. She feels left out. I would definitely refer you to another school, considering the education at LSA is just not challenging for a gifted child. The board and headmaster needs a wakeup call before it is to late. If you don t believe me, just check around. Talk to the parents that are taking their children out of LSA and ask why .

Lee-Scott Academy
1601 Academy Dr, Auburn, AL  36830
Last modified Lee-Scott Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Lee-Scott Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.