Auburn, AL

Village Montessori School 1

Posted April 25, 2010

Village Montessori School 5

Posted April 22, 2010
Maria Montessori is quoted as saying, 'One test of the correctness of educational procedure is the happiness of the child.' The happiness my child exhibits each day is proof positive that Village Montessori School's education procedure is truly 'correct'. Working in the prepared environment of VMS, his individual learning style is fostered and nurtured. He is free to grow, learn and truly reach his full potential. He is more aware of his community, his environment, and his role in each. We could not have asked for a more positive experience!

Posted April 22, 2010
The fact of diversity in our culture is wonderfully represented and promoted at Village Montessori School. Kids from various cultures and ethnicities learn about each others' heritage and culture via geography and literature, cuisine and art. The science taught there is thankfully literate and their math skills are top notch. The fact that a kindergartner can learn microscopy, mathematics, foreign language, horticulture, art, dance, etc. in addition to the basics every kid 'should' be learning is a testament to the wonderful teachers and the supporting parents. The teachers, by the way, are American, British, Russian and Korean. And all this in a Southern US town. How cool is that?

Posted April 19, 2010
Village Montessori School is the greatest place to put your child. Here individual learning fosters each child's academic, social, and community development in a safe environment.

Posted April 19, 2010
The diversity and love of learning is wonderful at Village Montessori School.

Posted April 19, 2010
Montessori education allows each child to reach his or her full potential. It prepares the 'whole' child for the challenges and adventures in life. Montessori education builds a solid academic foundation as well as promotes self reliance, independence, respect and community awareness.

Village Montessori School 5

Posted February 01, 2010
My son has attended Village School since his 5th birthday. He was ready for school, but because his birthday was in September the public schools would not take him for another year. Fortunately, Village School did. Here we are four years later and he is ready at the six grade level, has almost completed his 5th grade math, and has learned to be a very independent learner. This was the best thing that could have ever happened for him! And even better, the school has modified their instructional format to be 100% Montessori now (and changed the name to Village Montessori School). My son loves the school! We cannot imagine him being anywhere else!

Village Montessori School 4

Posted May 02, 2007
- a former student
I am actually a former student. I left the school in the 6th grade, when I moved. It was a great experience! I wouldn't be who I am today without the care and attention of the teachers, and the close interaction with my peers. If you are interested in having your children homeschooled, but are too busy to put in the time, this school is a great alternative. They also provide after school care, which makes it easy for parents who work until 5 or even 6. Students recieve a lot of one on one attention from the teachers, so it is also good if your child has a learning problem. The school only goes through the 8th grade, but I always was at the top of my class throughout High School and college, so it definitely enabled me to work in larger learning environments.

Village Montessori School 4

Posted April 28, 2006
We live outside the Auburn city limits and the school options that we have aren't very good. We've decided to send our children to the Village School because the school work is so similar to the Montessori approach and as similar to home shooling as a school class room can be. I also like the fact that the classes are multi age so my 2 children who are two years apart will get to spend time together at school. I esp. like the idea of the child moving at his/her own pase without the hurtful effects of grades or 'being held back a grade' because they haven't mastered a subject. I think that the school should try to encorporate more activities for the students but they do take field trips quite often and participate in a Horticulture Therapy program at one of the local nursing homes.

Village Montessori School
231 E Drake Ave, Auburn, AL  36830
Last modified Village Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-7
Village Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top