Bad
Good

Being a military family, we've lived all over the country and have attended many schools. This school is amazing in every way. From the front desk, to the teachers and administration, it is truly a remarkable school with a happy, positive environment! It has a huge support system of involved parents and has many events throughout the year for the children which includes parent involvement as well. They have their stuff together! I am a VERY picky mom, and I give it two very big thumbs up!

These teachers are more concerned about his/her peers, personal appearance, and reputation than the actual comprehension of these children's learning. They pass out worksheets and expect them to independently work through "mind-reading". I have seen teachers yank little children's arms when they are defiant. I have seen partiality-where they allow certain parents walk their child to class and interrupt class time; whereas children with a temporary impairment are denied parent involvement. I have heard children screaming and crying in the principal's office and the administrative office un-phased by the noise. Do not expect these strangers to have the best interest of your child's learning. They are interested in maintaining aid- and scores-to achieve that goal.. It is glorified baby-sitting. Expect the "teachers" to use guilt as a method to exercise control. Expect teachers to undermine and patronize your intelligence by telling you how long they've worked in the school system and how little they get paid for the job they CHOSE. There are better curriculum in OPELIKA that care about the WELFARE of your child much better. ACS reptuation is no longer the best, but substandard.

I have had the pleasure of dealing with quite a few of Auburn City Schools and I have loved them all except for Dean Road. Richland was awesome! Wrights Mill Road was great! Dean Road all I can say is rude and unfriendly!!!!!

I am very impressed with Dean Road Elementary. As a child I went here. It was great then too. My mother went to the University and at the time they had kindergarten too. Now it's first and up, but still wonderful. Not quite as outstanding as the kindgergarten, but still a top elementary school as far as the array of things kids are taught and the ways in which they learn. It's been 5 years since my son attended, but at the time I think my only qualm was the way the car line worked and the first day or two my son tried to walk home with someone and no one noticed. I addressed it and it was never a problem again. That is why I put principal leadership a 4, but still...it was addressed so maybe it should be 4 1/2 and I'm sure it's also partially the teachers responsibility. But being the first week, I was understanding. I'm sure it's hard to keep up with a bunch of new kids.. and knowing they cared to make it safe made a difference. His teacher was great, but more written work and less hands on than AEEC. If the school has managed to stay this good for almost 30 years, then I think you can trust it's a great place for your children.

I love Dearn Road School because it is a great school and provides a lot of fun learning activities for the students.

Dean Road Elementary is an awesome place full of teachers and students who love learning. The teachers at Dean Road are top notch and continue learning to stay on the cutting edge of classroom technologies. The students here are so enthusiastic about learning and love participating in school wide functions and showing off their school spirit. We also have a wonderful group of parents who stay involved with their children's learning experience and volunteer at every available moment.

The staff is wonderful and hard working. They give so much of themselves to motivate the children to do their best. They also offer so many extra activities after school such as choir, chess club, art club, and science club that the kids love. The teachers give their own time to do these activites with for the children.

Dean Road is the best place to work and to learn. We have the best students, parents, and faculty! Dean Road is simply the BEST!

I enjoy working at Dean Road with an amazing staff and wonderful students! Dean Road is a place where the staff are committed to the success of all students and the kids are excited about learning! Dean Road is one of 7 elementary schools in the Auburn City School district and is fortunate to be a part of this system. Auburn City Schools has incredible community support and is one of the top-rated school systems in the state!

Why do I love Dean Road School? The teachers. I have two boys who attend this school presently and each year I am impressed with the teachers they get. Of course, I always hope the youngest child will get the teacher the oldest had the year before, but then I am always pleasantly encouraged by the love and dedication the 'new' teacher has for my child. Why only four stars out of five then?...because, everyone can improve and should always strive for improvement...even me as a parent....hard to believe..but it's true. Dean Road Rocks!

Last modified Dean Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5