Posted July 22, 2013
This is a wonderful school full of caring teachers, parents and administrators. I have had one of my children at Ogletree now for 9 years and I have never found the school to be anything but pleasant and concerned about EVERY student. I volunteer at the school 50+ hours a month so I spend a lot of time observing the general climate of the school. I feel like everyone goes ABOVE and beyond the call of duty to make sure their classrooms are inclusive and academically stimulating for both the gifted and attention needing student. Dr. Martin Smith is a very hands-on administrator who really does a great job recuitng and retaining the best faculty. As an educator myself I understand what makes a GREAT school and Ogletree has it all. I think any student would and should consider themselves blessed to have the opportunity to go to such a great school.

Posted February 21, 2012
This is an excellent school in every way. The administrative staff and the teachers are super! We have been there 4 years and my daughter loves it! The teachers go above and beyond to make sure the children are happy and learning in a fun environment. The Music, Art, Counseling, PE, Media, Venture and after school activities are wonderful. My younger daughter has spent a lot of time with me at Ogletree for school parties and events. She is counting down the days till she goes to Ogletree. I cannot say enough good things about the school. Love it!

Posted February 05, 2012
My son has just about finished his first grade in Ogletree and I am a little bit disappointed to see so many parents complain about the homework. Yes, it is true that my son has to do a lot of worksheets in school and has the homework which is not always so easy. To be specific ,his teacher gave him a book named 'Mouse and the motorcycle' to read and some math homework which is similar to the "Sunshine math". The homework is hard for him to finish it all by himself at first.So I have to spend 20 minutes with him everyday which I don't mind at all.After several months ,my son can finish his homework all by himself.The only thing I need to do is to give him a timer and tell him that he can only play after he finished all his homework in 20 minutes. It is true that I have to grade it after all. But by grading it. I will know exactly how he learned from school. And he now has a very good habit to always finish his homework first.I have to say that all my efforts have been paid off. I do believe the teacher already try her best to teach my kid in school and I do appreciate all her effort to prepare the homework everyday.

Posted October 02, 2009
Ogletree Elementary School in Auburn, Alabama is a great school with wonderful Teachers and Administration. Always willing to do the extra things to make learning fun and enjoyable by it's students, including, but not limited to, a volunteer afterschool program, teaching Unicycling, 4 days a week lead by Brad Hooks. More than 200 kids in the school have learned the art of balancing atop one wheel over the past few years and the program has also spread to Richland Elementary School in Auburn as well.

Ogletree School 0

Posted August 05, 2009
We love ogletree. The special teachers are acceptional. Music, art, counseling, venture, and PE are really fantastic. These teachers truly love these kids. They go above and beyond The principal spent every afternoon one year playing basketball with a boy as an incentive. How many principals would do that?!

Ogletree School 1

Posted February 06, 2009
I am not happy with how they treat my son. He seems to be a thorn in their side. They want students that don't rock the boat.

Ogletree School 1

Posted July 28, 2008
Do not send your child to this school , My husband and I are considering selling our house so our child can get in another school zone. My child had so much homework last year , it made me wonder what he did in class all day. Not only did she have way too much homework but she also did not even know how to do most of it so I ended up teaching my child how to do it because she would tell me the teacher would not even go over it. This school does have some careing teachers but not many, This school cares more about money and recognition.

Posted May 23, 2007

Ogletree School 2

Posted April 17, 2007
This is truly the most uncaring school we have ever experienced.Entirely too much emphasis on hours of homework and general busy work.The falculty in general is poor.Definitely not for a child that you want to be an individual.Extracurricular activities are basically for those who excel and are teacher's pets.Very little teaching goes on in the classroom mainly alot of worksheets to be completed. For this to be an all-star school it is a real disappointment. Someone higher up needs to re-evaluate this entire system. It is extremely flawed.

Ogletree School 3

Posted March 03, 2007
This school, like some others in the system, is at times, more concerned with testing scores and recognition awards rather than learning. The PTA is not a forum for parent-teacher relations as designed but more a mega-fundraising machine. As a parent, I've grown tired of constantly being asked for money. Like any school, there are excellent teachers and then there are those that are average. Fifth grade language and science at Ogletree are phenomenal while other other subjects such as social studies are more self-instruction and generally a waste of academic time.

Ogletree School
737 Ogletree Rd, Auburn, AL  36830
Last modified Ogletree School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ogletree School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top