Posted June 27, 2014
I have had two children attend Yarbrough Elementary. They both received a high quality education by loving and dedicated teachers. I do not have anything negative to say about this school.

Margaret Yarbrough School 2

Posted January 21, 2014
Horrible! Test scores are the primary concern. The teachers are unprepared to deal with the new Common Core standards. The students are not given any time to master one skill before another skill is taught. My child has an IQ that is well above average and recently received a "C" on his report card. I have changed my home into a school and I teach my child the skills that he should have learned during the day each night. Will remove my child next year.

Posted November 19, 2012
As an employee of ACS, I'm sad to say we really don't receive support from any of our superiors!

Posted October 20, 2011
I am really happy after five + years my kids have attending Yarbrough Elementary School. Teachers do really care for students, staff is very competent and the principal makes everything possible in his hands to make every student success. Of course they all are also HUMANS and may have bad days, or there could be isolated incidents, but those do not reflect the reality. Frustrated incompetent parents want the school to to their job for them. Educate yourself and educate your kids, education starts at home.

Posted October 20, 2011
This is a great school, exceptional, experienced teachers, good leadership from Mr. Forster and Ms. Daniel. My kids enjoy going to school and they take pleasure in reading with the knightly reading program. I would like to have more help with homework at the MAGNET after school program, but as another parent said, school can not do our job!

Posted October 20, 2011
I don't know what the heck is the FP (Frustrated Parent) talking about. Yarbrough is the best school. The kids really enjoy it. They say that it is fun to learn there and the teachers really care a lot about the learning process. Of course as in everywhere there are exceptions but those are not the rule. Kind enjoy and learn a lot. Agree with the other parent that the knightly reader program is excellent.

Posted October 19, 2011
Horrible experience. I won't go in to details about our year long struggle. The principal, PF, is charismatic and deceitful. I got the impression that the faculty and staff had their hands tied when addressing our problems. PF is easily frustrated, egotistical, narcissistic, arrogant, and condescending. He would do much better as principal of a high school. He lacks true compassion for children. Also, the special education teacher, AH, is completely incompetent and lazy. The guidance counselor, MR, is a saint and the faculty and staff would do well to adopt her methods of interacting with children. The assistant principal, KD, cares for the kids, but is obviously overworked and overburdened since PF has no patience. Test scores are the number one concern for PF. There is a lack of positive leadership at the school. An elementary school principal position is clearly just a stepping stone for PF, it's just too bad he steps on everyone that enters Yarbrough.

Posted July 05, 2011
This school was truly a disappointment. Just like the last parent review, my child had an incident at school and I was not called! The teachers were unhelpful and did not seem to care. Although this school received decent test scores, it seems that the tests are their only concern. We are African American and we were made to feel very unwelcomed. My children tested gifted in their prior school but were not placed in the gifted program here. Before placing your child in this school remember, educating children consists of more than just test scores.

Posted May 22, 2011
This is a terrible school. Our first year here my son was picked on by not only by other kids by the teacher as well. She singled him out for reasons unknow, I talked to the principal about it and he swept it under the rug. We had to go to the board of education on them. My other son had several accidents at the school., where I wasn't even called and the last one, he ended up in the ER with a head injury. We will not be returning to this school. We are moving just so we can get in another school district.

Posted June 30, 2009
We have had a wonderful year at Yarbrough! My daughter was in 1st grade and had a great experience. Mr. Forester and Mrs. Daniel are involved and personable administrators, and Mrs. Marquez was an exceptional teacher. We will be unable to attend Yarbrough this year due to a move out of state, but I would recommend this school to anyone!

Margaret Yarbrough School
1555 North Donahue Dr, Auburn, AL  36830
(334) 887-1970
Last modified Margaret Yarbrough School is a Public school that serves grades 1-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Margaret Yarbrough School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top