Bad
Good

My children are in third and seventh grade at Parkside. They have had a wonderful experience at this school. We moved here from another district when my oldest was in first grade, and I was nervous about the change from a much larger school. I should not have worried! We couldn't be happier with the quality of education they are getting at Parkside. I don't know who wrote the older reviews about politics or teachers playing favorites, but I think those teachers must be gone. My only regret is that the school ends after 8th grade! I wish it could become a high school and go through 12th. I do not want to send my children to Fairview High School, so we are looking at different options for my oldest for the year after next.

I have to agree with the parent who wrote the 2005 review. My kids have been going to this school since 2000 Head start and up. The politics at this school is out of control. The school needs to do an assessment on its teachers to see who plays favoritism mainly in the 5th and 6th grades. Besides those few teachers, the school is outstanding. They really do expect a lot out of the children, the level of education is amongst the highest in the surrounding counties. I recommend sending your children to Parkside, but not in the 5th or 6th grade or until they remove those teachers from the school.

Last modified Parkside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.