Bear Creek, AL

Phillips High School 1

Posted June 25, 2011
This school is horrible. I can't wait until I am able to move away from here and put my kids into a real school where they will have a chance to actually learn and not be judged because I wasn't born here and haven't lived here my whole life.

Phillips High School 1

Posted July 21, 2010
This school is not one that you want your kids to attend. The teachers basically do what they want and the administration do not enforce rules. They do not try to help you with anything. It is almost impossible to accomplish anything by contacting administration. Most of the time you don't even work and the teachers do as they please. Save yourself the trouble and move to a neighboring school.

Phillips High School 2

Posted May 07, 2010
It is frustrating for some parents. The teachers do have their picks and some kids are compared to the others instead of as individuals. Another issue is the way the kids are taught. For example, math teachers assign homework. The following day they ask if anyone had any problems. The teachers do not give the answers to all of the problems. How does a child know if they have a problem if they don't even know if they have the correct answers? Kids that don't have parents that can help with homework are at a real disadvantage. They say they promote parent involvement but they only do for a select few. Primarily to the ones who donate sums of money to the school or if the kid does well in sports (these parents let everyone know they run the school). The other kids are put to a disadvantage.

Posted November 17, 2008
I think our school is a little neglected when it comes to funding... but this is a great school its fun and you learn a lot and you are pushed to do your best. The teachers and students are friendly. even the camera man is friendly! it does have its downfalls though its kinda small and the halls are getting crowded but you get used to it and you are on time to all your classes. the lunch isn't all that great but it's not bad either some people really like it. just not my favorite. But all together this is a fantastic school and you wont regrete being here or sending your kids here.

Phillips High School 0

Posted November 15, 2008
I love Phillips High school!! we have great students where almost everyone is friendly and everyone knows eachother!! the teachers are fun and connect with the students but we still learn a lot and they are pretty strict with most there rules. but all together i really love this school and it is a good school!!

Posted March 07, 2008

Posted January 10, 2008
I think the school does a fine job with what they are dealt. We are the only school in the county that has to share a board position with another town(Hackleburg). Nobody in the board cares about Bear Creek enough to do anything positive or promote growth in any program that is in the school. We are always last to get updated things in our school. They even took away our AG progam. How are the ones that do not want to attend college going to learn a trade?

Posted September 29, 2007

Phillips High School 2

Posted September 10, 2007
the teachers in the elem. are not well educated on special needs kids, The teachers don't follow the rules. When our child does wrong they get in trouble but if a teacher does wrong they do nothing about it, The teachers have there pick of kids and the rest well is out of luck. This is not a fair school to our special needs children. They just push them around and put them on the back burner. Where is our tax money going, if they can't even afford a nurse or someone special to work extra with the kids that need it.

Phillips High School 4

Posted May 30, 2007
I feel the school is great. All the kids are allowed to play sports and are treated equal. Parents do get involved with the school. I feel the teachers are wonderful with the students. I feel overall that this is a good school.

Phillips High School
142 School Ave, Bear Creek, AL  35543
Last modified Phillips High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phillips High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top