Bessemer, AL
Before care: Yes

Flint Hill Christian School 3

Posted April 04, 2013
My husband and I have decided to enroll our son elsewhere for the upcoming school year. Overall I feel that Flint Hill is a good school. Not great, but good. Flint Hill came up short. The Abeka cirriculum used at Flint Hill is very slow moving and a bit boring. My son only brought homework home 2-3 times per month, so I started giving him homework. Progress reports were rarely received. Although the teacher is very nice and kind to the children, I don't feel as though we have been co-laborers in his education and personal development. The majority of the staff are not friendly with the exception of a few. There weren't any opportunities for the parents to meet with the teachers like you would expect. I did like the facility and location, also the covenience to home and work. In the end, we just don't see ourselves continuing to pay for an education and we could get for free else where. I really wanted my son to go through 12th grade there. Lastly, the pricipal resigned shortly before Christmas and they've had an interim since that time. The interim person has been great, but there should have been more of an effort to secure permanent leadership.

Posted June 29, 2012
I am very excited about the new school year. The change in administration and the positive path that this school is taking is needed and much appreciated. My child loves Flint Hill. The teachers and administration really care about the students and truly have their best interests, both academically and spiritually, at heart. With the choilce of public schools around here, I would have to move if Flint Hill did not exist. This small school is a blessing to the community. Thank you Flint Hill for offering a safe, loving, and most of all, Christian environment to raise my child.

Posted May 25, 2012
Horrible school to send your child to. As long as authority figures such as those listed in previous comments are still there contaminating the environment, the school will remain a suffering school. Expelling students has become a sport in itself at FHCS and as far as I am concerned it should be Flint Hill School. There is nothing Christian about that school. I pray that the school re-evaluate those who are In charge such as the principle, disciplinarian, teachers and so forth.

Posted March 10, 2012
When my husband and I had our child,we wanted to send him though a good private school,so we choose FHCS.My child has been attending FHCS for 9 wonderful years now,and my family has been blessed with what Flint Hill has given to my child.My husband was diagnosis with a brain tumor in 2007,and God provided anonymous person from Flint Hill to pay for our child's tuition for a year and a half,and we will always be grateful to God for providing that person to help us with our sons education.My husband still faces problems with the after math of the tumor.We are blessed with a wonderful and smart and giving child,and I thank God for the foundation that Flint Hill has and still gives us.My son loves the environment he's in and the teachers and facility that works their are great.The christian foundation that Flint Hill offers is something that will be with him the rest of his life, and that's why I want my child to stay at Flint Hill. God has always found a way to keep my child their.I would highly recommend the school to anybody that wants a good christian foundation for their children.

Posted April 17, 2011
There is a teacher clique in the elementary school. New teachers with more education and great ideas are shunned if they don't drink the bathwater of the clique teachers. A lot of needless spending for such a small school. This school has gone down every year. My children will not be back next year.

Flint Hill Christian School 2

Posted February 22, 2011
All Im going to say as a parent who has two kids going to this school at this time I am very dissapointed with the education this school has provided for my son, as for my daughter who is in elementary I am very satisfied with her education. If you have a child that is in elementary school then this is a good school to send them to but if you have a child that is in middle or high school then this is not the school to send them to. Flint Hill does not prepare them for the real world and if you really want to find out more about what they provide and how much they prepare their students ask how many student actually goes to a good four year college with out having to go to a two year college first just to get what they need to go to a four year college. My kid will not attend this school next year and I would advise not sending your kids there either if u want a better education for your child. Oh yeah they also have locked the school down today for a drug search, just a little more information for you to know which they would not have told you.

Flint Hill Christian School 4

Posted February 19, 2011
I guarantee I know who wrote the previous review. Just because your own child is failing does not mean that the school is sub-par. Maybe it is best that you move on and let the other students enjoy the environment. My child has been attending Flint Hill for 3 years now and I am blessed that he is learning the Biblical worldview for education by teachers who care about their students. Every school can be improved, but I would choose a school that needs improvement to a public school any day. Maybe my priorities for education are different than others, but I want my child to learn how to face this world with a strong Christian foundation that Flint Hill offers. If you want your child to be surrounded by caring Christians, this is the place for them. Read all of the surveys before you make a decision based on one parent with an agenda.

Posted December 27, 2010
The school lacks appropriately educated staff. There is also a lack of discipline. Anyone who thinks that Flint Hill is a "great" school I challenge to spend a day or two sitting in on their children's classes. Then you will be able to see the "great Christian education" that you are paying so much for. I am truly disappointed with this school, and wish that I had never sent my child there. What a waste of money and time. Accept the challenge if you want to see FHCS as it really is, you'll be glad that you did.

Flint Hill Christian School 4

Posted November 16, 2010
My daughter has attended FHCS for 2 years. I've been pleased for the most part. They seem to be focused on refining and enhancing their academics and the athletic programs. PROS - The teachers seem to get the kids involved in a lot of different activities (art & science-type projects, but also traditional lecture). - The Christian aspect of it is open and the teachers weave Christian principles into everything without it being overt, forced or hypocritical. - Discipline is done in an appropriate and graceful way. - Academics are good and not subpar. - Class sizes are small so the students get some individual attention appropriate for their strengths and weaknesses. - FHCS seems to be focused on constant improvement and doesn't seem closed off to ideas for change. - VERY affordable. - Fundraising is not too intrusive. CONS - The food offered in my daughter's class is very unhealthy. - Not much focus overall on health and exercise. - No gifted/accelerated program that I know of, at least not for the younger kids (and they need one) - I've heard some of the teachers using very poor grammar (which the kids then pick up on...this seems adversary to the goals of school).

Posted April 07, 2010
My 10 year old son has attended FHCS for the last 5 eyars. The overall experience has been great! The teachers & administrators truly care and work with you to develop children with Christian character and integrity while giving them a quality education.

Flint Hill Christian School
1630 Powder Plant Road, Bessemer, AL  35022
Last modified Flint Hill Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Flint Hill Christian School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top