Posted April 06, 2014
I have a daughter that is attending the new Bessemer City High School as a freshman for the 2013-2014 calendar year. After becoming oriented as a new student in a new school, she soon became involved in school life as a Purple Tiger. We plan to allow her to attend for the 2014-2015 school year as well. I do believe that public schools need more funding for extra curricular activities and current text books, but on the average, I believe that Bessemer City High School is on the way up and have improved significantly under the new leadership of its principle and staff.

Posted July 14, 2009

Bessemer City High School 0

Posted March 02, 2009
this is my fouth child to attend this school. It has improved some what since the 1990's, but the school uniform policy has gone overboard. children are being sent home because they have on a blue coat or because of what type of shoes they have on. What about education? on one occasion I was called because my daughter had a black camisole on under her white shirt ( is this rediculous?) none of her body parts were exposed, but you could see that her undershirt was black how is this distracting her or others from getting an education? the teachers are not focused on teaching it seems they are more concerned with what the child has on instead of weather the child is learning. This is the reason I pulled my child out of this system and put her in private school.

Bessemer City High School 0

Posted January 20, 2009
I was a pupil of Jess Lanier and enjoyed the school fully. We have one child there at this time and she is doing great . Our son graduated last year and he did a great job . You have to give it your all no matter what the circumstances are because this world is tough.

Posted July 26, 2008

Bessemer City High School 1

Posted January 04, 2008

Bessemer City High School 3

Posted December 19, 2007

Posted December 10, 2007

Posted November 02, 2007

Posted October 05, 2007
I love the education my son is recieving at Jess Lanier. He's really being challenged in his studies. Athletically also.

Bessemer City High School
100 High School Dr, Bessemer, AL  35020
Last modified Bessemer City High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bessemer City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top