Bessemer, AL
Students enrolled: 1,166

Bessemer City High School 4

Posted April 06, 2014
I have a daughter that is attending the new Bessemer City High School as a freshman for the 2013-2014 calendar year. After becoming oriented as a new student in a new school, she soon became involved in school life as a Purple Tiger. We plan to allow her to attend for the 2014-2015 school year as well. I do believe that public schools need more funding for extra curricular activities and current text books, but on the average, I believe that Bessemer City High School is on the way up and have improved significantly under the new leadership of its principle and staff.

Posted March 02, 2009
this is my fouth child to attend this school. It has improved some what since the 1990's, but the school uniform policy has gone overboard. children are being sent home because they have on a blue coat or because of what type of shoes they have on. What about education? on one occasion I was called because my daughter had a black camisole on under her white shirt ( is this rediculous?) none of her body parts were exposed, but you could see that her undershirt was black how is this distracting her or others from getting an education? the teachers are not focused on teaching it seems they are more concerned with what the child has on instead of weather the child is learning. This is the reason I pulled my child out of this system and put her in private school.

Posted January 20, 2009
I was a pupil of Jess Lanier and enjoyed the school fully. We have one child there at this time and she is doing great . Our son graduated last year and he did a great job . You have to give it your all no matter what the circumstances are because this world is tough.

Bessemer City High School 4

Posted October 05, 2007
I love the education my son is recieving at Jess Lanier. He's really being challenged in his studies. Athletically also.

Bessemer City High School 5

Posted September 04, 2007
I think that Jess Lainer is a great school. There are plenty of successful students that come out of this school.

Bessemer City High School 1

Posted August 23, 2004
This school is not safe. It's over crowed and the teachers' teaching is poor. There suspension is nonsense and their uniform policy is to strict. I think that changes need to be made with the school regulations and over crowding with the classes.

100 High School Dr, Bessemer, AL  35020
Last modified Bessemer City High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bessemer City High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top