Bessemer, AL

Oak Grove Elementary School 4

Posted June 30, 2014
Oak grove elementary is a good school. I have 2 children that go there. All the teachers they have had have been great with the exception of one 2nd grade teacher who was awful but I think it was because of her inexperience. Not going to let my children go to the high school though. There is a lot of negative things I have been told about the high schools academics.

Oak Grove Elementary School 4

Posted May 22, 2013
Oak Grove Elementary is a wonderful school. I have 3 children that went there for the majority of their elementary years. We moved away for 1 year. During that year they went to Hueytown, and were ahead of their classes in all subjects By the time we returned to Oak Grove, they had fallen way behind in all subjects. They are at the high school now and I presently have 2 in the elementary school. My soon to be 3rd grader is starting in the Gifted Education Program, and my Kindergartener is at a 2nd grade level in both reading and math. My opinion of Oak Grove is very high and very well deserved. The teachers and staff are kind and caring, the take the time to know their students' individual strengths and/or weaknesses and take the time to help them become the best they can be.

Posted November 15, 2010
I have 3 children in OGES. We have had nothing but great things to say about the school and the staff. It's a clean, kid friendly learning environment. All of the teachers that we have had, as well as the supporting staff, have all been excellent. A++ school.

Posted August 05, 2010
I have two daughters there and they love and I love the school it is new and cleanwith a friendly staff.Teachers who care if your child is getting there education.

Posted April 27, 2009
O.G.E. is the best school in the State. It amazes me how some of the other parents have said such negative things about Oak Grove. In my openion, you can easily go just miles down the road and experience get a lot worse teachers, plus drugs, gangs, and more crime than you would believe. Then, when you look back, you wont be so concerned about clicks, and small things such as that and you would be more concerned about the health and security of your child which at Oak Grove, I know I have nothing to worry about. I wouldnt go anywhere else.

Oak Grove Elementary School 3

Posted March 23, 2009
I have had 2 kids go through school here and it is a joke as far as academic difficulty. The teachers do not prep the kids for the high school, which is worse than the elementary as far as teachers. I am surprised that the school graded out as a 5 out of 10. I would think it would be lower. I wish I had a mulligan for my kids to get a better education.

Oak Grove Elementary School 0

Posted January 26, 2009
I can't believe this school got as many good reviews as it did! AMAZING! Here's the deal......if you didn't go to school here and graduate with all the teachers that now teach here, your child is done! Stick a fork in em! As far as athletics go, I would have to agree with the other parent who said they stink! If you don't go to church with the baseball, basketball and football coaches, if you don't socialize with the cheerleeding moms, and if your daughter doesn't participate in the beauty pagents, then you might as well be dead! Trust me....your better off anywhere else!!!

Oak Grove Elementary School 1

Oak Grove Elementary School 1

Posted December 05, 2008
This school is wonderful! My child absolutely loves getting up every morning to go to school. The teachers are awesome and so are the other parents. I could not be more satisfied!

Oak Grove Elementary School
9000 Tiger Cub Trail, Bessemer, AL  35023
Last modified Oak Grove Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Grove Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top