Birmingham, AL
Students enrolled: 1,224

Posted September 19, 2013
i have just come here from two different schools and none compare to OMMS! i love the teachers they really do a good job to make sure we understand everything we need to know. and when i am at school i feel safe and secure. i recommend this school greatly. (rating out of 5 i say 500!!!)

Posted September 19, 2013
I love this school i moved recently and i missed all my teachers and ive been to 3 different schools and i have to say the best one by far has been OMMS. You can see the sincere interest of the teachers to help the students really understand the information that they'll need in everyday life. you cant find the same interest and generosity of the teachers any where else! In one word: AWESOME!

Posted January 06, 2012
Hey, my child goes to this school and plays basket ball. The coaches of the sports make sure that they have good grades, and if they get a bad grade they make them run or something along those lines.The teachers provide advanced classes for the gifted, and extra help classes for the students who need help. Some times they have people to come and talk to the students about making good life choices. Also, they have character assemblies where they give out awards for good character. The students try hard to win these awards. The teachers make learning fun, and enforce the rules. For example, if my child (he wouldnt normally do this) was being a bully, they would fix the problem and would send my son to get suspended. The electives are amazing, too. Especially the band program. The band directors do an am amazing job pushing the kids to play hard music, and the result is an amazing band and perfect reviews after competitions. I highly recommend this school!

Posted July 08, 2011
I am goiing in to 6th grade at Oak Mountain Middle School and i have heard it is a great school!! I am a little nervous though... :)

Posted May 14, 2011
I go to this school and have SO much fun! The teachers are great, and they are always open to talk and ask questions. OMMS' strict no bullying program provides a safe learning enviroment, and the lunch provides many delisious choices. I have never loved a school soo much.... 5 stars!!

Oak Mt Middle School 2

Posted January 11, 2010

Oak Mt Middle School 1

Posted October 17, 2009

Posted July 27, 2009
Oak Mountain is the perfect school! My son has been loving EVERY minute of it. They have excellent teachers for every grade. They also have excellent extracurricular activities. It is a perfect all-around school.

Posted July 19, 2009
I love this school it's so awesome.The field trips,galas,and various activities.I'm glad I moved here.I never want to leave and the teachers are so cccccooooooooooolll and can totally relate to our problems.

Oak Mt Middle School 0

Posted November 14, 2008
I go to this school and im in seventh grade. Im actually at school now. I love this school with all of my heart. I have the best teachers and they help me with so much. It doesnt matter what they are doign if i need any of their help they drop it and help me. They can relate to our problems and want the best for us. I want thank them for this because i know if they werent so hard on me and so helpful i owuld not be the person i am today. I wouldnt want to go to school any where else than Oak Mountain. Lets Go Eagles! (: bye.

Oak Mt Middle School
5650 Cahaba Valley Rd, Birmingham, AL  35242
Last modified Oak Mt Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Mt Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top