Birmingham, AL

Posted July 07, 2013
Our children are at or have graduated from OLS. My wife was a student when she was a kid. Wonderful environment. Conservative Catholic School. Most affordable of the over the mountain catholic schools. Art, Music, Computer ( Windows, Mac, iPad environment), Religion, even a full time Counselor. Can't say enough good things about the Principal and the teachers. The 2 kindergarten teachers are as good as any in the USA.

Posted April 23, 2013
We are having a great experience at OLS. I haven't heard that any children feel "out of place," unlike the comment of one parent on here. I hate that the parent had that experience, but my child is dyslexic, and he had received nothing but encouragement.

Posted March 25, 2013
I attended OLS for ten years and it really prepared me for the next level. The primary goal of the teachers is the success of the students. It is not overcrowded and has just an overall friendly atmosphere. When you leave the school you leave with a better understanding of your faith as well as respect for all life. There is no issue with racism. I myself am catholic but when i started at ols i attended a protestant church. The teachers just taught about the catholic faith so well i just wanted to be a part of it. He point i am trying to make is that it is a great place to be even if you are not catholic.

Posted December 30, 2012
If, four years ago, the principal of my first choice school had not arbitrarily decided that being raised by grandparents meant a student was behind, we would not have discovered OLS. I have custody of two grandsons, now in the 1st and 3rd grades. I spend a minimum of two hours every weekday driving from an area with poor public schools transporting my grandsons to and from OLS. My guys are doing amazing. Somehow OLS makes a challenging curriculum seem almost easy. I attribute it to the amazing teachers and counselor, and especially the principal at OLS. My guys are not perfect, one is ADD and the other is classic cant-sit-still ADHD. They fit in and are in Cub Scouts and play basketball through OLS. The school encourages parent participation and parent volunteers enhance the quality of the school. I like that it has a somewhat culturally diverse student population. Private school is a huge sacrifice for us but we feel education is extremely important for our grandsons' future. If our financial situation gets to the point we can no longer send our children there, I know that they have a strong foundation to build upon that they would not have had without OLS.

Posted February 01, 2011
EXCELLENT school! I attended OLS for 10 years, and I enjoyed every second of my time there. As each day passes, I realize more and more that the education I received at OLS was far superior than anything I could have learned at another school. THANK YOU to the amazing faculty, staff, and administration for giving me the proper foundation to succeed in life.

Our Lady Of Sorrows 0

Posted February 13, 2009
Both my daughters started Pre-K and are now in 8th and 5th grade. We have been very pleased w/ the school. It is a special environment w/ the perfect blend of academics, spirituality, sports and community. Our kids, teachers, principal and parents are a 'team'. You should visit and see for yourself.

Posted December 09, 2008
I have had my children at OLS for 8yrs now. I love that the school is small enough that everyone knows their name. I also like the network of parents that are always watching out for each others kids. I feel that my children are very safe here and are growing academically and spiritually.

Posted December 09, 2008
I currently have 4 children enrolled at Our Lady of Sorrows School and one who has graduated. I would have my children no where else. The spiritual atmosphere is evident the minute you walk in the door. I have witnessed continued academic achievement and personal responsibility grow with each of my children due to this nurturing environment. The teachers and principal make every effort to reach out to each individual child and support their needs. The parental network is amazingly supportive. It is truly a family atmosphere.

Our Lady Of Sorrows 0

Posted December 09, 2008
I have had (3) children go to OLS over the past 21 years. One is doing front-line research at Auburn University, one is at Alabama on a national merit finalist, and the other graduates this year. Each of these children got an excellent K-8 education at OLS. People who care for and about your child make the difference.

Our Lady Of Sorrows 1