PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Our Lady of Sorrows is not just a school - it's family. Everyone who works with the school is very involved with the students and cares about their wellbeing. We have never had a bad experience with a teacher. The principal is the most loving woman and she treats the students as her own children. The parents are all very involved with the school and help to make it better everyday. There is a feeling of community felt through the halls of school and the city of Homewood loves and praises our school. I cannot say enough wonderful things about OLS. From the moment we walked through the doors many years ago it has just felt right.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

We have 2 children with learning difference and I have NEVER had any issues with support from the school. They work hand-in-hand with the parents and student to make sure every child is getting the help they need.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The students at OLS work together and help to make everyone feel welcomed and loved.

we have three daughters at OLS (kindergarten, 3rd grade, and 5th grade) who have all attended since pre-k. there is no other place that i could see them thrive and flourish at as much as they do at this small close-knit school. this school feels more like a second family to us with teachers who love our children as their own and amazing parent volunteers who truly want the school to be a success. so very thankful for OLS!!

Our children are at or have graduated from OLS. My wife was a student when she was a kid. Wonderful environment. Conservative Catholic School. Most affordable of the over the mountain catholic schools. Art, Music, Computer ( Windows, Mac, iPad environment), Religion, even a full time Counselor. Can't say enough good things about the Principal and the teachers. The 2 kindergarten teachers are as good as any in the USA.

We are having a great experience at OLS. I haven't heard that any children feel "out of place," unlike the comment of one parent on here. I hate that the parent had that experience, but my child is dyslexic, and he had received nothing but encouragement.

I attended OLS for ten years and it really prepared me for the next level. The primary goal of the teachers is the success of the students. It is not overcrowded and has just an overall friendly atmosphere. When you leave the school you leave with a better understanding of your faith as well as respect for all life. There is no issue with racism. I myself am catholic but when i started at ols i attended a protestant church. The teachers just taught about the catholic faith so well i just wanted to be a part of it. He point i am trying to make is that it is a great place to be even if you are not catholic.

If, four years ago, the principal of my first choice school had not arbitrarily decided that being raised by grandparents meant a student was behind, we would not have discovered OLS. I have custody of two grandsons, now in the 1st and 3rd grades. I spend a minimum of two hours every weekday driving from an area with poor public schools transporting my grandsons to and from OLS. My guys are doing amazing. Somehow OLS makes a challenging curriculum seem almost easy. I attribute it to the amazing teachers and counselor, and especially the principal at OLS. My guys are not perfect, one is ADD and the other is classic cant-sit-still ADHD. They fit in and are in Cub Scouts and play basketball through OLS. The school encourages parent participation and parent volunteers enhance the quality of the school. I like that it has a somewhat culturally diverse student population. Private school is a huge sacrifice for us but we feel education is extremely important for our grandsons' future. If our financial situation gets to the point we can no longer send our children there, I know that they have a strong foundation to build upon that they would not have had without OLS.

EXCELLENT school! I attended OLS for 10 years, and I enjoyed every second of my time there. As each day passes, I realize more and more that the education I received at OLS was far superior than anything I could have learned at another school. THANK YOU to the amazing faculty, staff, and administration for giving me the proper foundation to succeed in life.

Both my daughters started Pre-K and are now in 8th and 5th grade. We have been very pleased w/ the school. It is a special environment w/ the perfect blend of academics, spirituality, sports and community. Our kids, teachers, principal and parents are a 'team'. You should visit and see for yourself.

Last modified Our Lady Of Sorrows is a Private school that serves grades PK-8