Birmingham, AL
Before care: Yes

Posted August 27, 2014
I absolutely love this school, the teachers, the families, the staff. It's such a great atmosphere. I wouldn't have my son at any other place. It's the best place for us to be. The children are so respectful and the teachers really care. The kids like to do well in their studies; it's cool to be knowledgeable. We've made such good friends here and are proud to say that we go to St. Rose. The sisters make such a remarkable difference not only in the childrens lives but in the lives of the whole family.

Posted April 29, 2013
We have been at Saint Rose of Lima for many years and we have never regretted the decision to sacrifice and send our children to school there. The classes are small, the faculty is caring and the curriculum is challenging but, most importantly, faith is an integral part of each day.

Posted February 02, 2013
Imagine a school with one class per grade, where students encourage each other, discipline is NOT frowned upon and students want to do well. Well, that is Saint Rose. I have been a parent there since 2006,and I have never questioned our decision to send our children here. Have there been trying times? Yes. Have there been some disappointing times? Yes. But when you have children who like to go to school, and ask when it's time to go back to school while on break...Well, money can't buy that. The coolest part, the sisters are women who have entered a congregation that teaches without pay, and they still do it!!!!!

St. Rose of Lima School 4

Posted November 27, 2012
St Rose is a great school, focus on God is awesome and my kids love it there. Children who struggle with attention and with keeping up in class have a difficult time at st rose. There does not seem to be any extra time during class to help those who are struggling. I love the smaller class sizes, but it seems to be growing.

Posted November 26, 2012
We have had the best experiences at St. Rose. The faculty and staff have always been responsive to our child's needs. The curriculum challenges her and we feel is preparing her well for high school.

Posted August 15, 2012
Not only is out daughter receiving a wonderful education, but more importantly she is becoming dependent upon God. I have never seen so much love among teachers and students. The teachers truly want her to be the best she can be. The discipline is amazing and is executed in a loving way. This school is helping mold my daughter into a productive member of society and for that I am grateful!

Posted April 27, 2012
Superior experience!!! There are schools with better facilities and have drastically higher budgets to draw from, that being said there is no school that maximizes results as well as Saint Rose. The students are educated at a level 2-3 years more advanced than most public schools. As much as I am pleased with the academics I am more thankful for the loving care given th my childrens spiritual growth and well being. The teachers and most of all the Dominican Sisters who run the school are difference makers in the students life. I feel that my children will be academically, morally and spiritually prepared for their next phase of life thanks to Saint Rose.

Posted February 01, 2009
Do you have children that can't wait to get to school? I do. My children are currently in 2nd grade and 5K. To be nurtured by teachers who want to teach there; to be nurtured by sisters, whose order it is to teach, is an amazing feeling to be around. The campus most definitely lacks facilities, but my children are excited to learn and that means more. That being said, they are in the middle of a capital campaign to build a brand new school. I was sad to read the 2004 review, because there is a full-time resource teacher for special needs. My 5K boy is most certainly a handful, but the comments I get from his teacher are 'I love his spirit' and 'As long as I turn it into a personal job, he stays on task.' Discipline isn't a bad thing ...

St. Rose of Lima School 0

Posted September 19, 2007
We have had our son at St. Rose since 4K. Now he is in 7th grade. While in 5K his teacher noticed only after a month that he wasn't progressing and recomennded testing. We are grateful becase our son was languge delayed. With the right help he quickly regained his language. He is also ADD. St. Rose is structured, nurturing and truly interested in the whole child:Spirit, Mind and Body. My son loves St. Rose. I just wish it went through 12th grade!

Posted June 23, 2007

St. Rose of Lima School
1401 22nd St S, Birmingham, AL  35205
Last modified St. Rose of Lima School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
St. Rose of Lima School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top