No rating

Central Park Christian Schools

Private | K-12 | 16 students

Living in Birmingham

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $64,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $830.

Posted June 21, 2014

My son graduated may2014.CPCS is the most loving and caring environment for any parent who wants their child to receive a Christ in upbringing.I love Dr.Parker he was great to my son for four lovely years.Please send your child to CPCS.

Posted March 9, 2014

The school is not great at all. The P.E coach is a pedifile and constantly harasses the students. He has his faves and if he doesn't like you, you will have to suffer. I would not recommend this school to ANYONE. They decided to go up on tuition to $800 when the building is no bigger that than 4 average McDonalds. It is in HORRIBLE shape and the teachers don't cater anything about the kids. They are just there for the money. It's sad to say but it's true. And their disciplinary actions aren't the best. You either get the paddle, have to hold a wooden bat out in front of you for 30min (all grades), or get kicked out. And that's just your first offense. And the parents don't sign anything that says that your child can be paddled. The headmaster(principle) does it as he pleases. Central Park Christian School is not okay for students at all. Public school will teach them more that this private school. DO NOT ENROLL YOUR KIDS HERE.....!!!!!

Posted October 7, 2012

Teachers don't know what they are doing there is only 3 good teachers in middle through high school out of like 12 this is a terrible school don't come here

Posted August 26, 2011

CPCS IS AN OKAY SCHOOL BESIDES THE FACT OF THE HEADMASTER DR.PARKER.I WENT CPCS FOR A WEEK AND A HALF BECAUSE OF CERTAIN PROBLEMS THAT CONCERNED MY PARENTS AND I.DR.PARKER YELLED AT MY MOM JUST FOR ASKING QUESTIONS,ABOUT CERTAIN PROBLEMS I WAS HAVING AT CPCS.HE IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL TO BE HEADMASTER HE TALKS TO WOMEN LIKE HES HEAD SUPREME .WOULD YOU WANNA SEND YOUR CHILD THERE AND DEAL WITH HIM. I THINK NOT! HE IS VERY RUDE TO ALL FACULTY AND STUDENTS. HE DOESNT LIKE TO BE TOLD HES WRONG ABOUT ANYTHING. THATS ALL I HAVE FOR YOU TODAY.

Posted October 26, 2010

I worked at CPCS school for 14 years, I Knew ALL of the students who attended, graduated and withdrew! And if you want your child to not only have a great education but also, morals and values, CPCS is the place. Dr.Parker (Headmaster)is not only a GREAT educator, he has so much love and compassion for the students and staff. I observed and worked in CPCS for many years and I have seen it all. The patience and GODLY love that the staff have for the kids are overwhelming! Children cannot dictate to an adult what he or she wants to do that would be a lack of guidance on the schools part. Dr. Parker was not about to let that happen. Some people always say the basketball team was the main focus NOT TRUE, God, Christian Love,Unity and education was the Main Focus.Lets not judge PLEASE!

Posted August 6, 2010

I am a CPCS graduate. Until 9th grade, my parents and I were satisfied. After that, things started to go downhill fast. But instead of recounting the numerous shortcomings of the school, I will simply say this: if you are considering this school for your child(ren), Google Central Park Christian School and look over the results. I was always proud to be an Eagle, so I don't begrudge the numerous articles detailing the basketball program's success. However, there don't seem to be any results relating to academic achievement. Scholars bowl? No. Math team? No. Science team? No. If a rudimentary understanding of introductory math and science are all that matter to you, this is a fine option to consider. But if you want your child to excel and be involved academically, I recommend that you look elsewhere. If I had children, I would not send them to CPCS.

Posted February 13, 2010

i currently attend the school the elementry is great but, the middle and highschool needs to be improved. For one there some teachers dont even teach they just read in my opion and it seem that some teachers just hand out grades instead of going by grades. It seems like the money we are spending is going nowhere but to the basketball team and not towards us. In my opion it need alot of improvement in the highschool area.

Posted September 25, 2009

After teachiung 30.5 years in public education my coming to Central Park put a positive desire to be back in the classroom. We have over 400 years of teaching experience and we do prepare students , at least those who are willing to study and learn. Central Park Christian provides what our children need without the financial aid of the federal government. We work very hard to give of ourselves spiritually, financially, emotionally, and as hard working teachers. I will always thank God for my time at Central Park Christian.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 6, 2008

As an elementary school, CPCS is probably one of the best options available in the area. The teachers are very much involved and very much invested in the success of their students. However, as a middle and high school, public school is a better option. Apart from being a safe environment, CPCS has little to offer. Few extracurricular activities and lackluster faculty leaves MUCH to be desired. As a student, of course, one is resposinble for their own education, but why pay out good money to be taught at a private institution if you are going to have to teach yourself. I was absolutely not prepared in science or math when I reached college.

Posted February 27, 2008

strict code of conduct, excellent leadership, solid basic education, daily Christian teaching, nationally recognized basketball program.

Posted February 23, 2008

I am now attending this school and i will say that it is a very competent elementary school. Unfortunately the same can't be said for the highschool. They seem to disregard other activities by employing teachers that only know how to read from the book and not take learning from a more proactical approach and pay more attention to basketball team. I find it frivolous how the basketball team can get to europe every year, but our calss can't even go to georgia for a six flags trip.

Posted August 6, 2007

I graduated from CPCS in 2006 after attending for 5 years, and I was well prepared for the classes at UAB. The teachers excell in giving students a Christian environment and preparing students for the world ahead. Dr. Parker is a kind but strict headmaster who demonstrated to me that one will truly reap what one sows. As in any school a student will only learn what is needed if he/she desires to do their best.

Posted July 3, 2007

I attended this school and felt when I came out I was not prepared to attend high education as well as other kids who had attended public schools. The headmaster seems more concerned with the small sports program at the school than academics. I especially did not feel prepared in science or math.

Posted November 17, 2006

I was a student and sent my child there shortly. I feel the curriculum is insufficient in comparison to most schools in the area including public systems. The courses offered are basic and elementary, and does not touch upon the arts, sciences, business or computer classes which enables young people to have a promising future. Academic test scores and performances should be based on parental involvement and the headmasters steering in morality and ethics. Extracurricular activities are weak with only basketball encouraged.

Posted November 8, 2006

I gratuated from this school and I have to say that I was not at all prepared to go out into the real world after graduation. It was a close knit school, and I had many friends and participated in many activities, but it lacked in many areas also.

Posted August 26, 2006

I taught High School science at CPCS for three years (1998-2001) and can vouch for the high quality of education that its students receive. The teachers and administrators genuinely care for the students and invest their lives in them. I loved teaching there and would send my kids there if I lived in the Birmingham area.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted October 14, 2004

My children attend this school and I love it. They do very well on their SATs whcich lets me know that the school is doing a great job to prepare students to compete in the academic world. Dr. Parker, the head master, is fantastic. He is a fair leader and the children love and respect him. I also like the environment and the teachers. This school is worth every dime that I pay for my children to attend.

Posted October 6, 2004

There are two great benefits from the small class sizes at CPCS; there is a real sense of family and the individual attention students receive can help them get over any intellectual hump. Upon graduation the small class size can be drawback however. After graduating in the early 90s, I enrolled at a large public university where at first the scale and the opportunities were a culture shock. Going from a class size of 15-20 to 500 was an adjustment. From my experience the science education I received could have been better but this short-coming is matched by CPCS's liberal arts classes. The liberal arts foundation I received at CPCS prepared me for the most rigorous of university challenges. CPCS is a committed core of teachers working together to improve their community-it is an example that young people should learn. If you are willing to work CPCS will prepare you.

Posted October 27, 2003

This school is a well-rounded christian environment that teaches children how to survive in the real world. My children are receiving a well rounded education in a healthy christian environment.

Posted August 19, 2003

I graduated from this school! It's great! When I went to college I really missed the feeling of closeness that this school offers!

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 1%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Baptist
Associations
  • ACSI
  • NCSA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1900 43rd Street Ensley