PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

When there is a problem no one will listen. Teachers talk down to students. I don't feel that the curriculum is even up to par with that of the public schools.

The principal is not very friendly. The teachers never listen to concerns of the students and are very judgmental.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

The teachers fail to relate to the students. Teachers view students as poor little charity cases instead of intelligent children regardless of background.

Poor leadership in the high school. This school is not very Christian. The principal does not like parents to ask questions. The teachers also do not respect the students.

Poor leadership in the high school. This school is not very Christian. The principal does not like parents to ask questions and he does not have a good rapport with students.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I have a student at Cornerstone School and I have witnessed first-hand the quality of education that this school provides. My child continues to thrive at Cornerstone year after year.

I'm a member of the Birmingham community and have been an active volunteer at Cornerstone for four years. The one word that comes to mind when I think of the teachers, administration and staff at Cornerstone is "passion." These individuals are committed to providing children with a first-class education in a Christian environment, and the students are inspired to not only take control of their educations, but to also take control of their growth as a member of the community and the church. I'm proud to be associated with Cornerstone because the teachers, administration and staff are truly passionate about what they do, which is inspire others, lead by example, and instill integrity and faith in our community.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I've had such a wonderful and fulfilling experience at Cornerstone School. I have been an employee for a number of years and I can honestly say that the leadership is constantly striving and moving in the way of excellence. Working in an atmosphere that allows for camaraderie and fellowship with so many others affiliated with the school has been an uplifting experience. Above all, the fact that we get to change and impact lives not only through education but through teaching about Jesus is what makes Cornerstone such a wonderful organization to be a part of.

My daughter just completed K4 at Cornerstone and my husband and I couldn't be happier. Last summer while researching schools in our area we were torn between the local school and sending her to a private school, but after learning about the IB curriculum in place at Cornerstone and their focus on Christ, student led learning and meeting some of the wonderful teachers the decision was easy. My daughter had been in preschool since she was 1.5 and I was taken back by how much she blossomed in her new learning environment at Cornerstone. Her K4 teachers inspired her to explore the world around her and she came home everyday with something new to share with me. Cornerstone is a safe environment that nurtures its students and instills in them wonderful Christian values and character all while providing them with a top-notch education.

Last modified Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is a Private school that serves grades PK-12