Posted March 12, 2015
Beware!!! I would not recommend anyone to send their child to this school. The staff is very unprofessional and the principal does not have a back bone. The kids academic level is extremely low when comparing this school to others. Do your research in the area and find a better school for your kids. Don't be hooked on the word Christian School. There are REAL Christian School out here that will provide a quality education for your kids. I too, wasted my money, time and effort when my child attended this school. There are two locations for this school. One is located in Woodlawn and the other location is in Roebuck. Beware of both locations. The public should protest or find out whose funding these schools and have them shut down.

Posted March 05, 2015
My children attended Cornerstone from 2008-2014. I was so disappointed when I moved them to another school to find out that they were SO FAR behind. It was truly devastating. It has taken the entire year to get them caught up. IN my opinion this school has an "It's Enough For THEM" mentality. They do not encourage or embrace outside educational activities and there is virtually NO TRUE curriculum. All of the children teach different material and there is little to no continuity. I will advise any parent seeking Christian, private education for your child to PLEASE do a true comparison of schools to ensure that your child is going to receive a good education. I will not bad mouth this school but I will say that after being there for 6 years I regret the day that I ever enrolled my first child. I only wish that The staff and administration will treat the students as their own when It comes to education. It is a key sign when the teachers and staff will not allow their own children to attend the school. These students are not misfortunate, underprivileged needy children that should just be grateful for any type of education.
2 people found this helpful

Posted February 25, 2015
Christian or not Christian, I think everyone involved with this school can agree that it is unsatisfactory. I am a high school student who has been treated like a child due to the fact that most of the people here are used to elementary school students. I've only had one issue with the school, and I was treated like a child when I brought it to their attention even though I handled the situation with only respect and grace. The men are sexist towards women and so are the women. There is only one thing scarier than men sexist towards women: women sexist towards women. We are made to wear skirts to school every Wednesday in below freezing weather. Any of the girls who have tried to speak out against this (that aren't on varsity because varsity can basically do whatever they want) have been written up, or sent home to change. Even most of the high school parents agree that this is ludicrous. On another note, I have to listen to people's ignorance day in and day out without voicing my opinion for fear of rejection and condemnation. If you think modernly at all, you will be shunned. You will be black listed. No one knows me here, I blend into the walls, and I'm glad.

Posted February 24, 2015
Very poor excuse for a Christian /private school. It's very hard to hold a conversation with the principal. They are very judgmental, if you're looking for a good private school I would suggest looking at some of the Catholic schools in the area. Don't waste your money here.

Posted January 15, 2015
My grandson attended Cornerstone Schools of Alabama from kindergarten to fourth grade.He is now in public school and he is not where he needs to be academically.I feel we lost money at this school because he was to be getting a quality education and did not.Cornerstone is behind public school
2 people found this helpful

Posted November 29, 2013
If you are looking for a quality Christian environment for your children, please look elsewhere.

Cornerstone Schools of Alabama 2

Posted May 26, 2013
When I originally moved to Alabama I was looking for a great Christian school to enroll my son in, thats when I ran across Cornerstone. Let me just say that for a Christian school they judge and they judge hard. My child was in Kindergaten and he knew how to read better than most 2nd graders. My child was very bored at this school. He has the hyper tendencies of the average 5 year old and it was a major problem for them because he did not walk in a straight line or sit up straigt. They treat these kids as if they are in the military. Sometimes you have to let kids explore and this is not accepting of that at all.

Cornerstone Schools of Alabama 5

Posted October 11, 2010
I have two young children at Cornerstone and have been impressed by the great teachers and curriculum. My children are excited to go to school, love learning, and are making great progress.

Cornerstone Schools of Alabama 0

Posted April 24, 2010
My parent works at this school. You can see the positive impact the teachers have on the children. They are really making a difference in the world.

Cornerstone Schools of Alabama 0

Posted April 24, 2010
I have a friend who teaches there; I have visted the school and classes, met the Principal (fine woman) and was most impressed with the work with the most needy students in the area. With this recession upon us, Cornestone school provides ethical, intellectual and moral guidance many of the children do not get at home. It is a most worthy cause; the prize money would mean the world to children in learning materials. My fingers are crossed that Cornerstone wins!

Cornerstone Schools of Alabama
118 55th Street North, Birmingham, AL  35232
Last modified Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Schools of Alabama Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top