Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 10, 2015
I have a student at Cornerstone School and I have witnessed first-hand the quality of education that this school provides. My child continues to thrive at Cornerstone year after year.

Posted June 04, 2015
I'm a member of the Birmingham community and have been an active volunteer at Cornerstone for four years. The one word that comes to mind when I think of the teachers, administration and staff at Cornerstone is "passion." These individuals are committed to providing children with a first-class education in a Christian environment, and the students are inspired to not only take control of their educations, but to also take control of their growth as a member of the community and the church. I'm proud to be associated with Cornerstone because the teachers, administration and staff are truly passionate about what they do, which is inspire others, lead by example, and instill integrity and faith in our community.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
At Cornerstone, character building is a huge piece of how the students are educated. The teachers as well as the staff constantly emphasize and model what it means to have grit and commitment and the motivation to get to the finish line in all we do.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted June 03, 2015
I've had such a wonderful and fulfilling experience at Cornerstone School. I have been an employee for a number of years and I can honestly say that the leadership is constantly striving and moving in the way of excellence. Working in an atmosphere that allows for camaraderie and fellowship with so many others affiliated with the school has been an uplifting experience. Above all, the fact that we get to change and impact lives not only through education but through teaching about Jesus is what makes Cornerstone such a wonderful organization to be a part of.

Posted June 03, 2015
My daughter just completed K4 at Cornerstone and my husband and I couldn't be happier. Last summer while researching schools in our area we were torn between the local school and sending her to a private school, but after learning about the IB curriculum in place at Cornerstone and their focus on Christ, student led learning and meeting some of the wonderful teachers the decision was easy. My daughter had been in preschool since she was 1.5 and I was taken back by how much she blossomed in her new learning environment at Cornerstone. Her K4 teachers inspired her to explore the world around her and she came home everyday with something new to share with me. Cornerstone is a safe environment that nurtures its students and instills in them wonderful Christian values and character all while providing them with a top-notch education.

Posted May 15, 2015
Poor leadership in the high school. This school is not very Christian. The principal does not like parents to ask questions and he does not have a good rapport with students.

Posted March 05, 2015
My children attended Cornerstone from 2008-2014. I was so disappointed when I moved them to another school to find out that they were SO FAR behind. It was truly devastating. It has taken the entire year to get them caught up. IN my opinion this school has an "It's Enough For THEM" mentality. They do not encourage or embrace outside educational activities and there is virtually NO TRUE curriculum. All of the children teach different material and there is little to no continuity. I will advise any parent seeking Christian, private education for your child to PLEASE do a true comparison of schools to ensure that your child is going to receive a good education. I will not bad mouth this school but I will say that after being there for 6 years I regret the day that I ever enrolled my first child. I only wish that The staff and administration will treat the students as their own when It comes to education. It is a key sign when the teachers and staff will not allow their own children to attend the school. These students are not misfortunate, underprivileged needy children that should just be grateful for any type of education.

Posted February 25, 2015
Christian or not Christian, I think everyone involved with this school can agree that it is unsatisfactory. I am a high school student who has been treated like a child due to the fact that most of the people here are used to elementary school students. I've only had one issue with the school, and I was treated like a child when I brought it to their attention even though I handled the situation with only respect and grace. The men are sexist towards women and so are the women. There is only one thing scarier than men sexist towards women: women sexist towards women. We are made to wear skirts to school every Wednesday in below freezing weather. Any of the girls who have tried to speak out against this (that aren't on varsity because varsity can basically do whatever they want) have been written up, or sent home to change. Even most of the high school parents agree that this is ludicrous. On another note, I have to listen to people's ignorance day in and day out without voicing my opinion for fear of rejection and condemnation. If you think modernly at all, you will be shunned. You will be black listed. No one knows me here, I blend into the walls, and I'm glad.

Posted February 24, 2015
Very poor excuse for a Christian /private school. It's very hard to hold a conversation with the principal. They are very judgmental, if you're looking for a good private school I would suggest looking at some of the Catholic schools in the area. Don't waste your money here.

118 55th Street North, Birmingham, AL  35232
Last modified Cornerstone Schools of Alabama is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Cornerstone Schools of Alabama Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top