No rating

Integrity Christian Academy

Private | PK-5

Living in Birmingham

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $102,300. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $740.

Sweep tile

Posted December 18, 2011

My daughter attended this school last year and the Abeka Curriculum along with the Bible teachings were good, but if you ever have a problem and want to discuss your child's progress with someone other than the teacher, you may be out of luck. The principal was not easily accesible when there was a problem. In fact, I felt abandoned when I wanted to discuss the problems I had with my child's teacher. For this to be a private school, you would think they cared more and had anyone you needed there to listen to you if there was a concern, but that was not the case in my situation. Before you send your child there, make sure you ask another parent their opinion of the school to make sure this is the best private school for your child. I wish I had. Although, no school is perfect, you want to be able to communicate with someone on the staff if a problem arises.

Posted July 26, 2010

I would highly recommend ICA to any parent who holds their child's education, socialization and spirituality in high regard. My son has been at ICA for two years now and we absolutely love it. He is entering the 1st grade this year and he reads, writes in cursive, adds, subtracts, tells time, and the list goes on and on. In most of his subjects he tested on a 2-3 grade level on last years SAT's. Not only are the children taught academics but also strong Christian principles/values which are very important to us. The teachers do a great job and we are looking forward to a new school year!!

Posted March 19, 2010

I have two children who attend ICA and I couldn't be happier with the school. The curriculum and instruction is excellent. My son is in a class of ten which allows the teacher to give him the attention that he needs. They are very structured and have high expectations, but I consider those great qualities for a school to have. I also have a son in K-4 who is already reading on 2nd grade level and writing his name in cursive. My children are being taught great biblical principles. As far as them not letting 'kids be kids', I am a high school teacher, and I know how behaviors that seem cute while they are children will one day become major behavior problems in middle and high school. I can appreciate the high academic and behavioral standards they have in place.

Posted October 16, 2009

My daughter just started this school in August. She knows how to write the letter A. She identify her alphabets A-G. She knows all the scriptures that go with each alphabet. My daughter is only 2 years old. Oh yeah, she knows all of her shapes from hexagon to diamond.

Posted March 30, 2009

I currently have three students enrolled at ICA. It is our 7th year of this school's ministry. I absolutely love it and wish it went further than 6th grade. Academically, socially, and spiritually, my children are well advanced. It is a very loving, caring, enjoyable and safe environment. True, Mrs. Hennington is not on grounds most of the time but she has a very, very, well trained staff. There is nothing Ms. House or Ms. Brown is not capable of handling. And for those who say that they do not allow children to be children nothing could be further from the truth. It is a structured environment, the children are not allowed to run around during class time and be disruptive. It is a school not a daycare (even the pre-K). Our money has been well invested!

Posted June 12, 2008

This school has very strict rules across the board. Rules that are set for the older kids shouldn't apply to the smaller kids. I was somewhat pleased with the academic program because my child was learning. My child was not assigned homework consistently from day to day. I did not have a great experience with the staff at all. They were uncooperative and I totally agree with you, the principal is unreachable and children should be allowed to be children.

Posted May 24, 2008

Excellent School academically and biblically. The administrative staff are great people who really care about the students and the school program. The teaching staff work hard and do a great job! The school is very successful. I'm proud of them.

Posted May 17, 2007

The academic program at ICA is excellent, especially for the pre-school and kindergarten classes. The kindergarten students exceed academic expectations for their age groups. The Biblical instruction is awesome. The director, Mrs. B. Brown, is extremely involved in the daily activities of the school. She is very available and cooperative. She truly cares about the welfare and success of the children in all areas and she knows all of the parents. However, the principal has not been easily accessible. The music program is great. However, the extracurricular activities, i.e. computer, Spanish do not seem to be an integral part of the school. Each time a teacher is absent, the ECA teacher is used as a substitute teacher. Although, the academics are strong; the students are not allowed to simply be children.

Posted April 2, 2007

This school is good academically, but the administrators have unrelaistic goals for behavior. Beware!

Asian 0% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

216 Roebuck Dr