PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We love our school. This will be our 2nd year and starting 1st grade. We love all the teachers we have had. My only problems would be no cover on the playground when its super hot so no one can touch the equipment and I really wish there was a bridge from one building to the other when the weather iis bad. We hope to be part of the Eagles family for a long time!

This is my sons second year here. We have had a great experience. My kid is learning and enjoying himself.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

I checked on this school as a possibility. This is the response I received from the school staff - "I will say several classes our filling up quickly." I have to say that I will be sending my child to a better school!

Great school! Great teachers and staff. I am very pleased to have my son here!

I am a parent of a child who has been going to this school for 7 years now. The school has a great teacher student ratio and my child scores very high on all testing. In fact, MVBS students testing scores are only second to those of Mountain Brook students in the state.They offer many ways for a child to excel whether that is sports, music, arts or academics. Each year students compete in both state and national competitions in music, speech, and different arts. Each year they have many students who do quite well in those national competitions. The teachers are concerned about each of their students hearts and genuinely care for them. Add all this to the fact that the students are given a good Christian education based on the Bible and you have a school that continually turns out well-rounded people who are productive members of society.

I would highly recommend this school to all parents looking for a well rounded and Christ centered education.

The low teacher to student ratio helps teachers spend more time with and challenge students not challenged by a beka curriculum. That program is basically a bunch of workbooks. They teach to the standardized test but don't get tool excited when your kids test well. They teach no critical thinking and writing is weak from what I have seen. I am sure they have had their successes but what I see at the church, most of the alum that go to church there are barely functional adults. They have no tolerance for people that believe different and teach their kids that other religions are sinners. If that is your thing then you will love this church and the school.

I was very disappointed in the way the school is run they are very unwilling to work with any child that has special needs. For an organization to claim they are Christian I found them quite the opposite. They want the children to be perfect and not step a toe out of line. Avoid this school at all cost!!! Home school!!!

Many of the teachers and staff are extremely thought-controlling and will not tolerate students with different Christian doctrine than them. The discipline is inconsistent, with many cases where the punishment does not fit the crime and kids who are being nasty get away with it. I was a student for several years but had to leave after a year full of such incidents. Your experience there really depends on the teachers, especially in elementary grades. I had one good year there, but the teacher I had is now retired. The food, however, is exquisite. Especially the brownies. Oh, man.

This school has a great student-to-teacher ratio. The school truly believes they are part of the village in doing their part to help raise your child. Discipline is strong here and behaviors that are commonplace in public school is not tolerated here. Most importantly, they give a Christian based education. They use the A Beka curriculum. The only mentionable con to the school is a small athletic program (only have basketball & volleyball)....but you can always get your child in athletics within a community league...the Christian based education far outweighs the athletic program.

Last modified Mountain View Baptist School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12