Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Avondale Elementary. Principal Nelson has taken this school to the next level. The teachers are invested, the curriculum is appropriate, but challenging, and the parental involvement is unbelievable. As a parent and PTA member, I spend many hours in the school. It is so wonderful to see how the children interact with each other and how they respect each other. Just come to one of our programs and see the pride that these kids have!!!! It's amazing. My daughter will be moving on to 6th grade next year and I am so sad for her to leave AES. But, because of the commitment of her teachers, Ms. Casey, Ms. Shoulders and Ms. Brown, she will be attending Phillips Academy in the fall. So...don't let the test scores deter you from attending this wonderful school. We move our kids here 2 years ago from a private school and I will never regret it.

My 3rd school Junior Pastors are Beatrice and Corey Farren First Young Ladies are Hannah and Lauren and Wendy Farren Principals are Mrs. Tanya Farren, Mr. Hubert Lathan, Miss Kendra Blacker, Mr. Lloyd Bowley Asst. Principals are Mr. Rupert Blacker, Mr. Sheridan Farren Sr., Ms. Leslie Lathan, Miss Ellie Harrison, Mrs. Wendie Wesley

Great school! The principal and staff are wonderful and they truly care about the kids. I love the new wave of parental involvement and the diversity. Individualized learning means that every child learns at his or her appropriate level at all times. The extra programs like the music, dance and art events are so wonderful and bring us together like a small town community within our metro area. Parents of childrens in Avondale, Crestwood and Forest Park - you are missing out on this great community school if you are choosing private school. Go visit, speak with the teachers, kids, parents and the principal. You won't regret it. And don't forget - free 4k as space allows is another fantastic benefit of Avondale Elementary.

Avondale elementary school its a very nice school for the children. This will be my daughter first year of kindergarten, an I think I'm more excited than her. I'm really to get involved in school activities with her

Others should know that Avondale Elem is dedicated to teaching all races of children in a capable, energetic way in a beautiful environment full of children's art, huge windows that let in light so that all areas of the school are bright and cheerful, an environment suited for happy learning, As a grandparent, I've attended a very impressive end of year school program as well as having observed teachers happily at workencouraging all ages to love to learn!

We just finished Kindergarten with our first child and couldn't be happier with her experience. Most importantly, I feel my child is as safe as anywhere when she is at Avondale. Her teacher was wonderful and the principal Dr. Curry takes great pride in making Avondale succeed. We had one small issue with another child and her teacher dealt with that situation immediately and proffesionally. They have a wonderful after school program as well. If parents will take the foundation this school provides and work with their child, they will no doubt succeed. The PTA is growing and the involvement of parents will continue to benefit Avondale. We are moving out of town and are honestly sad to see Avondale go.

Parents I have been a at-home mom for over 10 years and I care very much for my children's well being. I came on greatschools and other websites to see how well they were doing. My advice to you go visit the school for yourself, speak to an administrator and do a tour of the facility. Because many of these good schools are ranked very low because of the district they are in, Avondale for one. Because some of the High Ranked schools didn't have the time or day to speak to a concerned, caring, active parent.

Our son is in kindergarten at Avondale. DO NOT believe the bad press about this B'ham school! The teachers are great! The PTA is growing!

I can't say enough great things about this school. My son started pre-k at Avondale Elementary in the fall, and the quality of his education has exceeded my expectations. He comes home with daily and weekly progress reports and assignments from his teacher. He truly enjoys going to school, and he has many new friends! When you walk through the halls, you will see students engaged with their teachers or working diligently at small learning stations. The walls are filled with current classwork and student artwork. The librarian is warm and helpful. The music teacher is amazing and dedicated. The principal has decades of experience and clearly loves her work. The faculty calls Avondale, "Heaven on the hill." This is a very special school!

My son is in Kindergarten at Avondale Elementary and boy do we LOVE it! He has had an amazing introduction to "big kid school". He loves going to school everyday! Avondale is a clean, bright, diverse, positive environment. I was alarmed by the bad press Bham City Schools get but I can tell you the rumors are not true at Avondale. Wonderful staff! Dr. Curry, the principal, truly loves the children and runs a great school.

Last modified Avondale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.