Birmingham, AL

Posted May 18, 2014
I think South Hampton is an awesome. They are very connected to the parents being involved it the activities at the school. The principal, assistant principal and teacher are wonderful there. I am honored that my child attends this school. Mr. Finkley and his faculty and staff does an outstanding job.

Posted September 16, 2009
I've volunteered and done part-time teaching there. The principal, assistant principal and staff present a dedicated and committed attitude for the students. A large gift will be wisely used to benefit the children here.

Posted September 10, 2009
I think South Hampton is an awesome school. My baby just love her teacher and is happy about going to school each day. The teachers are so wonderful and helpful.

Posted April 29, 2009
I think South Hampton is a wonderful school. They are very connect to the parents being involvied it the activites at the school. The principal and teacher are wonderful

South Hampton Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2008

Posted September 23, 2007

South Hampton Elementary School 3

Posted March 30, 2007
This is school has the potential to be an excellent school. However there are some teachers that do not fall in the mission and scope of the school. My 5 year was just tested by Sylvan learning Center and I found out that she was below a Pre-K level. There is no reason why a child this far in the year (Mar07) not being reported with this type of problem. There are also problems dealing with behavior issues; Parent-teacher-Principal involved should be used effectively manage a child proper education. My experience has not been all bad because there are teachers there that truly care. The schools deficiencies can be maintained by proper overall management.

Posted September 27, 2005
I love South Hampton, and my kids love it too, the teachers are very helpful and enjoy teaching. My youngest child is 6 and when he first started it was hard for him to adjust, but his teacher worked with him and now is doing very well in the first grade, and my 8yr old is also doing well. I COMMEND SOUTH HAMPTON FOR THEIR ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE IN TEACHING.

Posted June 04, 2005
South Hampton Elementary is a great school for a parent to know and feel that their child is learning. The teachers are excellent and so are the parents. I have 3 children enrolled and I love the school. My children have close relationships to their teachers and so do I. The teachers work hard to make sure that the children are taught and send things home for the parents to get involved. There is always some type of family activity going on to enforce parent invovment . They do not have behavior problems and overall I know it is one of the best if not the best elementary school in the birmingham area. There is music, a choir, spirit group and much more that the children can get involved in. The staff, as well as the parents on one accord and that is to make sure these children learn.

South Hampton Elementary School
565 Sheridan Rd Pc, Birmingham, AL  35214
Last modified South Hampton Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
South Hampton Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top