Bad
Good

i have been attending Martha Gaskins since 6 grade- 8 its an OK school. The good thing about the school is that the teachers really want the students to active but its kinda more like they just don't want to see them next year in the same grade but its really that they want them achieve. Well that's pretty all the good thing about the school. The bad thing is that they cant keep up with there promises, a bit to strict about the uniform policy, the students are messy and immature, the food is bad, and the textbooks are messed up. The really fun teachers are all the social studies teachers.

Every one I know says that Martha Gaskins Middle School was very very strict. There are many reasons why it is very very strict. Most teachers there are mean. They don't teach well. All they do is give out work. One teacher doesn't even teach at all. But we still get work. Not 1 sheet, not 2 sheets but about 9 sheets. If you don't finish it you have all that to finish for homework.Other teachers just go by favoritism. If they don't like you, you get work. Children make mistakes!! You can at least forgive them! They don't cook the food. They don't even heat it up! The buns and bread is always cold. Every time after I each lunch at that school, my stomache hurts. Some of my school shirts are a little small because I've grown. So the shirt comes out of my pants. I always get into trouble just because of that! They can even send students to detention for not tucking in their shirts!! I have always made good grades my whole life! -- until I got to this school.

I hate this school!! The teachers are the bullies! They are mean disrespectful and rude! Im transferring to a diffrent school!

This is the bestest school I have ever been to. You don't have to go to a alternative or magnet school.

Last year there was not enough homework issued. I believe that this year will be better, we have a honest class now.

I think my school is o.k. At times they're very strict on dress code, behavior and many other things. The only reason i think they do that is for the best of us. I'm in the 8th grade right now and i really don't want to leave.

I think Martha Gaskins is alright I am in the seventh grade this year. We have lots of homework but I believe that it makes us stronger in our weakest areas. There are few fights up there this year and the 7th grade teachers are mainly focusing on ARMT and the Writing Assessment Test. Our goal would be 100% on AYP this year but overall the teachers are outgoing, helpful, and couraging. Even though this is my last year here I think I would never learn as much as I did at Martha Gaskins Middle School! Go 7th grade teachers!

Last modified Martha Gaskins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.