Bad
Good

Martha Gaskins Middle School 3

Posted February 10, 2013
i have been attending Martha Gaskins since 6 grade- 8 its an OK school. The good thing about the school is that the teachers really want the students to active but its kinda more like they just don't want to see them next year in the same grade but its really that they want them achieve. Well that's pretty all the good thing about the school. The bad thing is that they cant keep up with there promises, a bit to strict about the uniform policy, the students are messy and immature, the food is bad, and the textbooks are messed up. The really fun teachers are all the social studies teachers.

Martha Gaskins Middle School 1

Posted November 25, 2012
Every one I know says that Martha Gaskins Middle School was very very strict. There are many reasons why it is very very strict. Most teachers there are mean. They don't teach well. All they do is give out work. One teacher doesn't even teach at all. But we still get work. Not 1 sheet, not 2 sheets but about 9 sheets. If you don't finish it you have all that to finish for homework.Other teachers just go by favoritism. If they don't like you, you get work. Children make mistakes!! You can at least forgive them! They don't cook the food. They don't even heat it up! The buns and bread is always cold. Every time after I each lunch at that school, my stomache hurts. Some of my school shirts are a little small because I've grown. So the shirt comes out of my pants. I always get into trouble just because of that! They can even send students to detention for not tucking in their shirts!! I have always made good grades my whole life! -- until I got to this school.

Martha Gaskins Middle School 1

Posted November 25, 2012
I hate this school!! The teachers are the bullies! They are mean disrespectful and rude! Im transferring to a diffrent school!

Martha Gaskins Middle School 5

Posted January 25, 2010
This is the bestest school I have ever been to. You don't have to go to a alternative or magnet school.

Martha Gaskins Middle School 3

Posted August 21, 2009
Last year there was not enough homework issued. I believe that this year will be better, we have a honest class now.

Martha Gaskins Middle School

Posted January 28, 2009
I think my school is o.k. At times they're very strict on dress code, behavior and many other things. The only reason i think they do that is for the best of us. I'm in the 8th grade right now and i really don't want to leave.

Martha Gaskins Middle School 4

Posted March 23, 2007
I think Martha Gaskins is alright I am in the seventh grade this year. We have lots of homework but I believe that it makes us stronger in our weakest areas. There are few fights up there this year and the 7th grade teachers are mainly focusing on ARMT and the Writing Assessment Test. Our goal would be 100% on AYP this year but overall the teachers are outgoing, helpful, and couraging. Even though this is my last year here I think I would never learn as much as I did at Martha Gaskins Middle School! Go 7th grade teachers!

Martha Gaskins Middle School 4

Posted May 29, 2006
I read the comment left by the discouraged parent, and I have to honestly and candidly disagree with her. My child was in the seventh grade this year, and I loved the fact that the teachers took the time to assign homework and review over it with my child. I think the 7th grade teachers are caring, hardworking, and underappreciated. I take time with my child to help her with her homework, and I visit the school regularly. Fights will occur at every school, but I am involved in the life of my child, so that is not an issue for me. Two thumbs up to the teachers at Martha Gaskins!

Martha Gaskins Middle School 2

Posted December 04, 2005
7Th grade teachers give a lot of homework. leaves me wondering, 'what are they doing in the class room? The school suppose to have a tutoring class, that has not started yet. my child needs this desperately in math. I feel like my child is being left behind in math. There are some teachers talking about the wrong thing such as where they reside and being the second black family in the neighborhood. (who cares) leave the attitudes at home and come teach the kids what needs to be taught. I am really at a point where i am ready to take my child out of the public school system. Biggest thing that go on at this school are fights. I am not pleased at all.

Martha Gaskins Middle School
200 Dalton Dr, Birmingham, AL  35215
Last modified Martha Gaskins Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.