PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (3 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted December 04, 2015
It is interesting that the administrator has been with the school since 1998 and many of the teachers have been with the school since its inception. While other private schools change administration and direction, Hilltop continues to excel. The fact that they are doubling their campus from a 3.4 million dollar building, to a seven million dollar facility speaks for itself.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 04, 2015
The Montessori method fosters a strong sense of honesty and fairness in the student, which will last a lifetime. The students in Montessori come out highly motivated, eager to learn and extremely interested in their own education. This allows them to excel at their secondary school, regardless of the challenges they face.

Posted December 04, 2015
Hilltop's success since 1996 speaks for itself. Their campus is comprised of a 3.5 million dollar facility and they are currently building a 3.4 million dollar expansion. Accredited with three different organizations (AdvancED, SAIS and AMS) and established since 1996, they offer daily foreign language, technology integration, robotics for upper elementary, art and a thriving music program, that also includes private piano and violin. Beautiful, LEED certified building also fosters a strong environmental education curriculum while at the same time, strong academics have allowed them to graduate 6 National Merit Scholars.

Posted November 05, 2015
Hilltop Montessori School provides students and families a genuine and unique experience. A sense of peace and calm greets you when you enter the school. Clearly Hilltop has prioritized an environment conducive to learning. Matching the Montessori Method with a special group of teachers, Hilltop succeeds in going above and beyond for their students. I've had the blessing to keep up with the Hilltop Family for 12+ years now, and I can honestly say each visit I am more impressed. The school is a perfect example of what a Montessori school should look like. Hilltop's footprint can be observed across the globe. One of the most outstanding accomplishments of the school has to be the ability to provide each student with a custom experience that enables them to grow in their own way. I would recommend Hilltop Montessori School to anyone who wants their children to experience a truly next level learning environment.

Posted November 02, 2015
Hilltop is truly dedicated to educating the children they serve. The cohesiveness of the staff and the quality of education is truly unparalleled in the Birmingham area. Every child is treated as an individual and respected in their own right. I would recommend this school to anyone. Come and see for yourself! You will be amazed!

Posted October 23, 2015
Both of my children attended Hilltop from the time they were three. My older son graduated last year and transitioned to one of Birmingham's best college prep private high schools. He was very well prepared academically and is on the honor roll for the first quarter. The biggest adjustment has been finding time to do all the extra homework. Sending my kids to Hilltop Montessori for a decade was worth every penny... It's the best decision I ever made with regard to my kids. They genuinely love learning, which is the best possible indicator of future success. I highly recommend Hilltop Montessori from toddler age through middle school.

Posted October 21, 2015
Fabulous teachers, beautiful campus! Highly certified and trained staff. Parents can feel assured curriculum is the best-they are the only school in Alabama with all three accreditations: Advanced, SAIS and AMS.

Posted October 21, 2015
I attended this school up to middle school and it will always have a special place in my heart! I am an honor society member and have excelled in math, science, language and especially in writing. Learning to think for myself has made me the student I am today. I am applying to colleges and finding that I will easily qualify for multiple scholarships-I have HMS to thank!

Hilltop Montessori School 3

Posted October 03, 2015
Great school through 3rd grade but after that I would not suggest it both my brother and I spent 8+ years at hilltop I finished the upper elementary and my brother finished through lower elementary my younger brother flourished at his new school where I struggled in math and almost every other class, when arriving at my new school I was told that I was so behind they didn't know if they could catch me up and the sad part was my parents were told by hilltop I was ahead of most of the other kids in my class. Great school through 3rd grade but after that your child will fall behind.

Posted September 28, 2015
Amazing education for a variety of learning abilities. State of the art education is about to get even better-the school just broke ground on a 3.4 million dollar expansion. Highly trained teachers and being the only school in Alabama with all three accreditations (SACS, SAIS and AMS) make them a cut above.

6 Abbott Square, Birmingham, AL  35242
Last modified Hilltop Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Hilltop Montessori School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top