PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)

The quality of education offered is truly exceptional. The faculty is great and help each student in a way that gives each child the tools needed to be successful in life.

Don't send your preschool kids if you want them to stay until upper el or middle school here unless you want them to be what my son calls "nerdy" i don't agree with him about that but its what he said. Because if they go here until they older they might get made fun of if they go to a public school (in my sons words) . Also they have to be very motivated here to do school work or else they will not finish work plan. I sent my son here for a year and he said it was too "nerdy" and "uncool" for him.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The Montessori method fosters a strong sense of honesty and fairness in the student, which will last a lifetime. The students in Montessori come out highly motivated, eager to learn and extremely interested in their own education. This allows them to excel at their secondary school, regardless of the challenges they face.

Hilltop's success since 1996 speaks for itself. Their campus is comprised of a 3.5 million dollar facility and they are currently building a 3.4 million dollar expansion. Accredited with three different organizations (AdvancED, SAIS and AMS) and established since 1996, they offer daily foreign language, technology integration, robotics for upper elementary, art and a thriving music program, that also includes private piano and violin. Beautiful, LEED certified building also fosters a strong environmental education curriculum while at the same time, strong academics have allowed them to graduate 6 National Merit Scholars.

Hilltop Montessori School provides students and families a genuine and unique experience. A sense of peace and calm greets you when you enter the school. Clearly Hilltop has prioritized an environment conducive to learning. Matching the Montessori Method with a special group of teachers, Hilltop succeeds in going above and beyond for their students. I've had the blessing to keep up with the Hilltop Family for 12+ years now, and I can honestly say each visit I am more impressed. The school is a perfect example of what a Montessori school should look like. Hilltop's footprint can be observed across the globe. One of the most outstanding accomplishments of the school has to be the ability to provide each student with a custom experience that enables them to grow in their own way. I would recommend Hilltop Montessori School to anyone who wants their children to experience a truly next level learning environment.

Both of my children attended Hilltop from the time they were three. My older son graduated last year and transitioned to one of Birmingham's best college prep private high schools. He was very well prepared academically and is on the honor roll for the first quarter. The biggest adjustment has been finding time to do all the extra homework. Sending my kids to Hilltop Montessori for a decade was worth every penny... It's the best decision I ever made with regard to my kids. They genuinely love learning, which is the best possible indicator of future success. I highly recommend Hilltop Montessori from toddler age through middle school.

Fabulous teachers, beautiful campus! Highly certified and trained staff. Parents can feel assured curriculum is the best-they are the only school in Alabama with all three accreditations: Advanced, SAIS and AMS.

I attended this school up to middle school and it will always have a special place in my heart! I am an honor society member and have excelled in math, science, language and especially in writing. Learning to think for myself has made me the student I am today. I am applying to colleges and finding that I will easily qualify for multiple scholarships-I have HMS to thank!

Great school through 3rd grade but after that I would not suggest it both my brother and I spent 8+ years at hilltop I finished the upper elementary and my brother finished through lower elementary my younger brother flourished at his new school where I struggled in math and almost every other class, when arriving at my new school I was told that I was so behind they didn't know if they could catch me up and the sad part was my parents were told by hilltop I was ahead of most of the other kids in my class. Great school through 3rd grade but after that your child will fall behind.

Amazing education for a variety of learning abilities. State of the art education is about to get even better-the school just broke ground on a 3.4 million dollar expansion. Highly trained teachers and being the only school in Alabama with all three accreditations (SACS, SAIS and AMS) make them a cut above.

Last modified Hilltop Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8