Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

The work load given to students at WJ Christian School is beyond excessive. There is no such thing as balance when it comes to students. Homework and projects are given out at the same time. Assignments are assigned every day of the week including weekends and holidays. While this school prides itself on being one of the best in the area, they can still maintain that reputation by focusing on the entire student by providing balance. One positive thing about the school is that is does provide a safe environment for your child to learn. However, with the excessive and extreme frequency that work is assigned to the students, some students educational needs often go unmet. It makes it hard for many students to actually grasp what is being taught.

Both my kids attended wjc k-8 school and they have really excelled, the teachers are very skilled and seem to really care about the kids learning and receiving a good education. They changed principal's this past year and I must say that im not impressed with the new principal. She seems to be on a high horse and wants everyone to know that shes in charge. My only dealing with her was negative and left me with a very bad impression of her. Feel sorry for the school staff that has to deal with her attitude on a daily basis. Glad my kids are leaving.

I attended WJ Christian School from 1966-1974, way back when it was a typical public elementary school serving 1st-8th grade students from the immediate 'neighborhood' - most students walked or rode bikes to school each day. I actually lived on Mountain Drive, just a few houses from the school -- the center of my universe back in those days! Now in my 50s, I still look back on my days at Christian School as some of the best/happiest ever, and am so grateful for the excellent education I recieved there - academics and 'life lessons' - that prepared me for future successes both in and out of the classroom. Although the building has aged and the faces have changed, I'm pleased to know that WJC is still going strong, still challenging students to work hard, push themselves, and strive for excellence. For current and future students fortunate enough to attend WJC: work hard, do your best, make great memories, love and take pride in your school. It IS great to be a Christian Charger!

Had a great experience with Christian Alernative School this year. They have lots of great teachers, and a great balance of parent involvement. Last year my daughter was in kindergarten, she had a great experience. We are looking forward to this year as a first grader.

Principal Davis and his staff are fantastic!! My daughter attended for 5th grade as a transfer from out of state and the entire staff helped to make it a smooth transition. The teachers kept me informed of upcoming assignments and field trips, even via email and text. Like in any school environment, involved parents make the difference. Principal Davis and his team have been wonderful helping me to stay involved in my daughter s education and I appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

Both of my kids have attended and one from K through 8th. They and we loved the school. The staff is accessible including Mr.Davis the principal and Mr. Nelson the assistant principal. We have been at the school for 9 years and we could not have made a better choice.

WJ Christian is probably the most unorganized school. How they get good ratings is beyond me. The principle Mr Davis is very rude and is never ever at the school. The entire office, especially Mrs Mcginnis is inadequate and rude. The teachers only do just enough to get by and get the grades to move the kids on out. This place should definatly should be investigated. Principle driving a new Lexus and wearing $1000 suits and never is on the property.

I've had a daughter attend and graduate from the middle school and the work was challenging but she made it out and manage to stay on the honor roll. The middle school teachers are keeping the students on their toes and preparing them for high school.

As the parent of a second grader, I will say that he is ahead of his peers who go to other B'ham City Schools. WJC has great teachers, good teachers, OK teachers and poor teachers...just like any other school. It seems like the great and good teachers are out numbered by the OK and poor teachers. The principal has a very lacksidasical attitude and runs from confrontations. It almost seems as though he is there only for the paycheck. Great PTA and some involved parents, however there could be more. It's a B'ham City School, so of course they are underfunded, but I will say this school truly works with what they have! Overall, this is a good school - not a great school. It doesn't offer anything you couldn't find at other good schools like Phillips Academy or Epic.

My child is in the first grade and has been going here since she first started school. When she entered 1st grade she already knew how to read and the beginning of the Spanish language. The school is old but is getting upgrades as we speak such as a new gym new lighting new windows ect. all in all it is a good school. I LOVE THE CURRICULUM I FEEL LIKE MY CHILD IS STEPS ABOVE OTJERS HER AGE THAT GO TO OTHER SCHOOLS.

Last modified Christian Alt School is a Public school that serves grades K-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.