Posted June 02, 2014
LifeChurch Learning Center 5567 Chalkville Road. We have had our little girl here since just before she turned 2 in September 2013. She really enjoys her days here. We love the teachers and the admin! Haven't had any significant issues at all and our little one is always happy!

Life Church Family Center 3

Posted July 10, 2012
This school used to be a really excellent place to send your child. Just in the past year that my children have been going it seems like they have lost 10 teachers. The afternoon teachers have no clue what is going on. They are basically just babysitters until the parents arrive. Good luck speaking with the morning teacher if you have to drop your child before 7:30, they are no where to be found most days. The lunch menu is horrible. Hardly any meat served. I realize the director is a vegitarian but my child is not. They come home from school starving.

Life Church Family Center 4

Posted July 30, 2007
The students at LifeChurch achieve very high S.A.T scores.From K4 through 1st grade the students read exceptionally well. Unfortunately my complaint is that they stop at 1st grade! We would be very happy to stay at LifeChurch! The professionalism of the teachers gets better with every grade level which is appropriate.They love the children and go over and above what any teacher I've experienced would do to ensure their safety and education.Children learn more in K5 and 1st grade than most do in 3rd and 4th grades! The 1st graders can read from an adult Bible.

Posted July 26, 2007
My first experience with LCLC was in 1999, when my son was six months old. I agree the facility is a bit old, but it was always clean and sanitary. What is far more important than the age of a building is the people and the quality of care they've received. My children received the best care and education there than anywhere, private or public, we have gone. They received one-on-one care in a structured but loving environment, and I was able to speak with the teachers every day. The A Beka program teaches RRRs with biblical principles. We now have five children, and have aged out and moved on, unfortunately. We loved it while we were there, but didn't realize the superior quality of education until we tried to find another school that could match the educational and behavioral standards at LifeChurch. If it were K-12, we would be back.

Posted March 14, 2007
My child was at LCLC for a year, and there was no parental involvement. The women who carried out the administrative services were unapproachable and rude. The classroom teachers were very nice, and my son's regular morning teacher was wonderful, but the toddler area was old and dirty. Illnesses ran rampart, and LCLC policies were never followed. In the afternoons after a shift change, kids were shuffled back and forth between different classes and teachers constantly, and as a result children were often not supervised properly. One child was actually missing one time when a parent came to get him, and no one had noticed yet. He had walked to another class to play. It took 10 minutes to locate him. They nursery is in a separate building, and I was extremely pleased with it. But when we moved up to the main building with the older children, it went downhill.

Posted March 13, 2007

Posted June 26, 2006
I have been very pleased with LCLC. My daughter started K-2 and has learned everything from her ABC's, all of her shapes, prayers and songs, recognition of letters and numbers, & good social skills. The teachers worked very hard with her and all of the other children to have them potty trained and past developmental level. The teachers are very informative and also works hard with the parents to provide structure and discipline as needed. I would recommend the pre-K department of this school to anyone!

Posted September 27, 2005
My child previously attended LCA. The overall quality of the school is lacking. The professionalism of the teachers is poor.

Posted June 21, 2005
Both of my children have gone to the Sample School. I have not been pleased with the school. The toddler area is old and need of renovation in the classrooms. Renovations were made to the office of the administration rather than improving the rundown classrooms. As for the Pre-k area I have not been satisfied either. The parent involvement is schedule at hours convenient for the school rather than the parent.

Life Church Family Center
5567 Chalkville Rd, Birmingham, AL  35235
Last modified Life Church Family Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Life Church Family Center Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top