Green Acres Middle School 2

Posted July 30, 2009
My daughter attends Green Acres Middle, I unfortunately have a big problem with this school. My daughter hates this school she says half the kids were either getting suspended or disrupting the class. Me being a college student can see how that can be disruptive to learning. I have been in the school and on many occations have noticed to constant loudness and teacher's 'I wish I wasn't here' attitude. Maybe it's the students, maybe it's the teachers, maybe it's a little of both. Right now I'm looking into the 'No Child Left Behind' Act to assist me, because from what I see if something doesn't change soon there will be one less child there if I have anything to say!

Posted December 23, 2008

Green Acres Middle School 4

Posted November 09, 2005
I'm a parent of a 7th grader special education child who attends Green Acres. I must say that I had heard alot of negative comments about the school prior to my son attending, but I made sure that Ms. Baugh (principal) knew who I was and aware of my concerns. She has been very helpful along with his past and present instructors. I have to say that I'm very pleased. My son has excelled so much that he is now taking pre-algebra instead of math in special ed. and making great grades. His instructors have called me at times for a progress report and they always acknowledge me when I come to the school. The dedication of the faculty at any school depends on the dedication of the parent to make sure their child is not falling through the cracks.

Posted May 26, 2005
- a former student
I'm a sophomore at the University of Montevallo and a former student of Green Acres Middle school;during my time there i thought the school was wonderful and i still do. Some of the excellent teachers have left but have been replaced by others of equal comparison. The atmosphere is that of what it should be, excitement and childlike behavior. It's a public middle school, not a school of reform.

Posted April 23, 2005
I love green acres middle school the teachers are great yeah the kids might run around but that's just kids they would do that but i love greenacres middle school it's just great and the principal's.

Green Acres Middle School 1

Posted January 11, 2005
Green Acres and Ensley HS are the reasons that i moved. The staff is uncaring and nonchalant and has a 'they'll never amount to anything' attitude.

Green Acres Middle School 2

Posted February 05, 2004
I have great concerns about Green Acres Middle School. Many times upon entering the building I have found the atmosphere extremely noisy, high trafficking of students in the hallways, and office personnel that will ignore parents when they enter the main office. On several occasions I have witnessed teachers exibiting unprofessional behavior that destroys teacher/student rapport, and respect as an educator. Due to the above reasons, I find it difficult to believe that some of the teachers will go to great lengths to care and support students.

Green Acres Middle School
1220 67th St, Birmingham, AL  35228
Last modified Green Acres Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Acres Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top