Bad
Good

As a parent of a student of Carol W. Hayes High School, I am very please with the faculty and staff there. They have fully prepared my child for college. My son scored a 22 on the ACT and with the help from his teachers he loves the thought of going to school. From looking at the last post on this website about Hayes, I think they aren't fully at Hayes enough, because when I walk into the school it is very pleasant. Yeah, fights happen at Hayes, it does everywhere, but I really hate when people down a 'black' high school and never recognize the good things of a school. I encourage students when I pick my son to never let the media and other persons in Birmingham let their words discourage them. I would recommend Hayes High School to any parent who wants their child to be successful!

I have a problem with hayes high. Some of the teacher really dont care about some of their students. I see more kids outside of the classrooms than i see inside of them. I feel that my child is not getting the help that she needs and i have address this issue many times and nothing is working.

Last modified Hayes High School is a Public school that serves grades 8, 10-11