Bad
Good

Hemphill Elementary School 3

Posted October 03, 2014
The school is very clean, they have a small garden, and they're getting a new playground this year. I was very happy there and my daughter's teacher last year really challenged my child. This year I'm very disappointed. My daughter is not being challenged at all. She doesn't even have a teacher though I'm told this is temporary. But like they told me when I requested her to be moved, we're nine weeks into the school year. Nine weeks into the school year and no teacher. Nine weeks wasted where my daughter hasn't learned a thing. And nobody seems to care at the school. So yeah, I'm pulling her out. I'm fed up with the Birmingham School system and all the politics.

Hemphill Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2008
The entire staff is dedicated, the school is well-maintained and the children are well-behaved. It's not perfect, and there are other schools in Bham that are fine too, but Hemphill is a breath of fresh air in an otherwise stagnate Bham school system.

Hemphill Elementary School 3

Posted October 17, 2006
My niece attends this school. She is very bright but needs to be challenged more. My niece has had very concerned and dedicated teachers. I am impressed with the cleanliness of the school. The office staff is pleasant and helpful.

Hemphill Elementary School
714 12th St SW, Birmingham, AL  35211
Last modified Hemphill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hemphill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top