Birmingham, AL
Students enrolled: 1,119

Huffman High School-Magnet 5

Posted February 07, 2013
This is a beautiful learning environment for kids to learn. The kids here are safe, and have the latest technology to access for learning and inspiring social skills, vocational skills, critical thinking and most important academic skills. The Administrators are passionate about promoting positivity, growth and decipline. The teachers are compassionate, have high expectations of their students which promotes great results in the academics, social and dicipline areas. The parent envolement is out of site. My first time visiting this school I learn that the hall monitors are parents who volunteer their time which is a great investment in our future. Huffman High School is a school where everyone is treated fairly. This is a school where if a student need help in academics or personal issues the staff from the lunchroom, Janitors, school nurses, educators and administrator have one common goal and that is to make the kids daily experience at school to be a positive through every aspect to promote continueous growth personally and academicly.

Posted May 13, 2010
i am currently going to this school as a sophmore, and honestly, i think this school is good. It's not great but it's good. It need a lot of repairs and improvement. They are not as organized as they should be and they are in disorder most of the time. But the school has good and well- trained teachers.

Posted November 15, 2009
I currently attend Huffman High School I am a freshman. At first I was a lil crushed that I had to attend Huffman because I thought there would be messs and fights all the time ?? But my second week of school started to show a diffrent side of Huffman ! It realy is a great school not to many fights ? But the best thing for incoming freshmans is to stay focus because its a diffrent world and lots of independence, you could get caught up in the wrong crowed bun I am glad to say I attend Huffman high school and wouldnt want to go any were else

Posted October 09, 2008
I am a former student at hhs. i was there in the ninth then left . in overall this is the best school but while i was there it was dangerous some one was getting hurt everyday.Now they say its gettin better because of the new principal. i love hhs but my mother thought diffrentaly so im tranfered to j.o. i say its the same she says its better .... go hhhs !!!

Posted July 27, 2007
I am a 2006 graduate of Huffman High School, and I am very pleased to be able to say that because Huffman is a wonderful school. Although like every school it has some short-comings, I wouldn't change where I received my education for anything in the world. Mr. Goldsmith was a great principal when I was there. He was always willing to listen, relate, and try to solve problems that his students had. The teachers are wonderful minus a minute few, but that's everywhere you go. Mr. Whitehead, Mr. Hill, and Mr. KB are the best band and assistant band directors, and they encourage and support the students as well. Huffman is a great school overall.

Posted June 08, 2007
Overall Huffman is a good school but we need a lot of repairs.

Posted December 28, 2006
Huffman H.S.is very good overall,teachers and staff are dedicated and always there to help, the children are positive,polite, and very talented,extra curricular activities are good but need more $$$ from the City.

Huffman High School-Magnet 3

Posted September 25, 2006
I am a student at Huffman and I love this school all my friends are here my favorite teachers and we have the greatest band of all time.But our bathrooms are disgusting and the gym is so so hot an we only have two fans to cool the whole gym down For homecoming we had alot of things planned for us then they canceled it all without telling us why, now the seniors will have no good memories of their last high school homecoming. We really need money ,we don't have it so there has to be some other way to improve Huffman we have to make a change if we want to keep Huffman strong.

Huffman High School-Magnet 3

Posted April 10, 2006
I am a current student at Huffamn High School and the only real thing wrong is our funding!!!! We have moldy books and not enough for eneryone to get one!!!! Huffman is not a bad school education wise and its not their fault what the students do on their own time but our fundings need to get better and our classes need to be better suited for the quantity of students here at Huffman!!! But other then that Huffman is a great school

Posted August 26, 2005
I was reluctant to put my child in Huffman H.S. due to all the bad reports floating around out there which are all unfounded. I am pleased with the discipline, teaching staff, and my childs positive attitude since starting at Huffman H.S. I am only upset as a tax payer that the City of Birmingham will not give our children and teachers what they deserve, moral and financial support for the most important job there is, teaching our children. There are good and bad children in every school unfortunately only 'CERTAIN' schools make the news. Thankyou Huffman H.S.

950 Springville Rd, Birmingham, AL  35215
Last modified Huffman High School-Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Huffman High School-Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top