K-12 & Ungraded
Birmingham, AL
Before care: Yes

Glen Iris Baptist School 1

Posted August 05, 2014
Glen Iris Baptist School is one of the worst schools in Birmingham, more notably so when you consider that it is a Christian school. My child was treated cruely by the teacher there who showed a very strong prejudice against the child. It became apparent to me throughout the year that my child became depressed and even asked not to go to school, when I decided to begin visiting to simply check things out as a good parent should, I was questioned harshly by the staff and sent away with out any answers or even any concern for my small child. I then began talking more with my child and later found that the teacher had very strong bigoted opinions against certain foreign ethnicities. With that we left as I was not about to subject my little one to such hatred, in school. A place where children should be protected and cared for in the absence of their parents. This is certainly not a school that should be open for business.

Posted July 03, 2014
Both my children learned to read in kindergarten at Glen Iris Baptist School and are continuing to excel in later grades. Love the teachers and staff! Highly recommend this school!

Posted February 17, 2014
Glen Iris Baptist School is a great christian school. After being tired of public Government run school this is a breath of fresh air. Great christian staff and church and a very academically sound environment that is very challenging and rewarding. The basketball and cheerleading is great! Great school spirit and all the Glory is given to God! A great ministry and just what a Christian parent needs these days for their children. Go Swordsmen!!

Glen Iris Baptist School 1

Posted May 01, 2013
I attended Glen Iris Baptist from K4 - 9th grade and absolutely hated this school. I feel that though it has the name "Christian" and does have a Christian Staff and handbook and curriculum, bullying and other issues run rampant in the school and when you take it to the principle or teachers, nothing is done. They allow students to be mercilessly picked on and bullied to the point that my father removed me from the school and had me attend Allied Online National High School starting in 9th grade. They DO have a great curriculum and fine arts program, but forcing students to participate in Band is NOT a plus, and the fact that they allow students to be bullied on a daily basis and nothing is done is a huge issue with me. The only positive thing about this school is the fact they use the A Becka book curriculum and have chapel on Tuesdays.

Glen Iris Baptist School 0

Posted March 31, 2010
My son has been in the school for five years and I find the people to be great. They love the kids and provide an excellent education. They are more conservative than I am, but they accept my child and myself without judgment. A pleasant environment for loveing education.

Posted December 03, 2009
I have four children enrolled in Glen Iris Baptist School. The Bible-centered education my children receive is second-to-none!

Posted September 07, 2009