Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted February 28, 2011
I have 3 children attending this this and another on the way next year, and if I had my choice, it would be for them to attend a better school. I have a child with a slight learning disability, and they are just passing him off from teacher to each year. I have been trying to get him tested to see what are the steps we need to take so he can get one on with the teacher, but its now the end of the year AGAIN, and still no results.....So, NO, I am very DISSATISFIED!!! If anyone out there can help please respond.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted July 16, 2010
This school is great! Everyone is so nice and friendly! I wouldn't want my children anywhere else. Thanks Jackson Elementary!

Jackson Elementary School 3

Posted June 29, 2006
I think the school should require the teachers to be as knowledgable as possible with children of all different learning abilities. Emphasis should be place on training qualified teachers and community involvement. The school has been receptive to new ideas which is good.

Jackson Elementary School 5

Posted February 18, 2006
I have two children who attend Jackson Elementary and they are both 'A' honor roll students. I think that as parents we have become to lazy to put in the effort that it takes to make our children successful. In our home, we have taken it upon ourselves to educate our children where we see the school lacking and not wait for them to catch up with our children. If you are an involed parent this school has lots to offer.

Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted January 10, 2006

Jackson Elementary School 1

Posted November 10, 2005
Iam not satisfied as others may be there is so much the school is lacking. This is my child second year and he never went on a field trip.In the PTA they seem to be concern about raising funds than how the school can make a difference in the childern lifes. The teachers are not even required to even go. i dont think the school is secure enough.

Jackson Elementary School 4

Posted August 26, 2003
This is a really good school, but just like many of other children in the Birmingham School System they need the resources to teach the children on the level they need to be. Incentive and motivational tactics need to be considered in order to get the reading scores up! Parent involvement is essential at school and at home, but many parents work to put food on the table and can't support their kids as much as needed. We need a special reading program for the children to participate in on a wide scale with reward at the end.

Jackson Elementary School
1401 16th Way SW, Birmingham, AL  35211
Last modified Jackson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top