Birmingham, AL

Posted August 06, 2014
We've moved several times so my kids have attended 3 different elementary schools, so far J. H. Phillips has been the best experience of all three. The teachers are prepared to teach. There is a learning strategic plan in place so that you know as a parent what to expect when it comes to learning goals. The leadership is exceptional. I believe parent involvement is essential because parent involvement prevents behavioral problems. The school has high expectations for the kids and higher expectations for the parents. There is also stability in the leadership and teaching staff. The focus remains teaching and learning.

Posted March 02, 2014
Phillips is an awesome school.It has good teachers and well behaved students.It is just like a normal school except you have to take a test to get in.The school has a lot of extra curriculars.Some examples would be a foreign language or sports even chess.They have a lot of clubs to.All in all this is an awesome school that is the ideal place for your child to be.

Posted October 16, 2013
Phillips Academy has really impressed me, and I am not easily impressed. Everything this school does (from football games to PTA functions) is done with Excellence. I am honored that my son was accepted to attend this institution.

Posted October 14, 2013
es una muy Buena escuela me siento muy contenta de pertenecer a la familia de Phillips academy el director una exelente persona cuida sus alumnos su escuela mis dos hijas estuvieron con Miss Dunbar exelente maestra les ensena el repeto hacia los demas realmente les ensena a ser Buenos ninos y tener Buenos modales

Posted September 26, 2013
The best and the brightest, excelling above and beyond the normal call of duty, very high standards. Proud to be a part of the Phillips Academy Family!!!!

Posted September 26, 2013
Phillips Academy is a GREAT school with GREAT teaching staff. The teachers @ Philips really care about the students. They prepare the kids for the future. They challenge the mind. They encourage the kids to climb higher.The sky is the limit. I have 2 grand kids who attend school their. They are love the school and what it has to offer them. I would not want my grand kids to go anywhere else. I am proud of the staff @ Phillips Academy.

Posted September 26, 2013
A great school with terrific kids, engaged teachers and involved leadership. After just 7 years, the school excels in academics and sports.

Posted April 30, 2013
Phillips Academy is a great school compared tothe previos school my son attended within the same school system..... Im pleased to see how Phillip challenges him to think more and hes more attentive to his school work than before... I am so pleased he has been able to attend!!!!!!!

Phillips Academy 4

Posted July 23, 2012
I have attended phillips academy for a year and it has been a great experience.

Posted May 25, 2012
I attend this school. I am going into the 8th grade and have been here for 2 years. We have the BEST principal in the world. He cares so much about our school, and us, the students, growing. They always have new ideas and plans for us to learn and accel in life. Yes, there is a workload, but you need to organize it. The students that get good grades, like me, do their homework, pay attention in class, and don't mess around in class or anywhere else. They say it is too much work, but it isn't if you space your time out and organize yourself. This is one of the best schools in the nation, as I say anyways. We always strive our best, and we are becoming International Bacheloreate World School. At least we are getting the tital of it. We already incorporate the values and views of IB. We have teams and clubs that dominate the district. I recommend parents take their students to this school if you want them to be world thinkers and well rounded in subjects and so forth. I love this school so much, and just because it is in Birmingham City, doesn't make it bad. This is school is the best, and if you don't go to this school you are missing out on a great education! Thanks!

Phillips Academy
2316 7th Ave North, Birmingham, AL  35203
Last modified Phillips Academy is a Public school that serves grades PK-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Phillips Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top