Bad
Good

I attended JO and it has its pros and cons. The good things about JO is that they allow for those students that want to learn learn but they really need to seperater those students who don't care bout their education. the bad thing is that they pay too close attention to our uniforms and belts and shoes rather than our learning ablilties. they also should give us a little more time to move from one room to antoher because JO is just too crowded for a 5 minute pass

I attended jackson olin high and I belive that while it does have many problems, and maybe even the most strict principal in history, it was a great place to learn. Some the teacher need to leave because their atttitudes aren't conducive to learning.

i am a ninth grader at the school and my experience there so far have been horrible. the hallways are rowdy and the kids are rude and disrespectful.

J.O is turning better for the 08-09 school year. Let's hope they keep it up.

Jackson- Olin is a school that worries too much about uniforms rather than the education of the students. They are always finding a way to suspend students. If they worry about the education of the students, like they worry about the uniforms, the school would be a great school. That's why I am not attending Jackson-Olin anymore. That school is really messing up my highschool experience. The whole Birmingham City School system needs alot of work. Thats why everyone is being taken out.

You are so very right i am a student and i feel as if the teacher and principals spend so much time worring about what we have on than what we are learning

I'm hopeful that the reviews, mostly advantageous, somehow promise to me. My daughter just started 9th grade, moved from FL, living w/ dad for now, and the best thing I've read is-16 children per class! Wow!

Although it was stated that Jackson Olin worries about uniforms, it is all about discipline, control, and safety. There should be no concern for the strict enforcement of uniforms; the concern should be based on the quality of education our kids are receiving. Both of my sons have attended Jackson Olin, one of my sons has graduated and the other one is in the 12th grade. I think Jackson Olin has done a great job in educating both of my children. They value their children and they have a lot of teachers that care-quality of education is great. They have a zero tolerance for nonsense. They have great extra curricular activities for kids to participate, along with an honors club. Great school.

this school is unorganized and they are to strict on the uniforms they suspend the students for uneccessary reasons. the teacher are more worried about our uniforms than teaching the students.

Last modified Jackson-Olin High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.