Birmingham, AL

Posted April 27, 2010
I'am a parent who 's child attend school their and i never had a problem with anyone there at parker until now, my child is having a problem with a teacher whom name i can not say becase i fear for my child that the teacher wii fail this child,. I attrnd a pta meeting ine time there and it was worst ever, all they did was argue with one another like cats and dogs, when i left there i had the worst headahe ever, I hav never seen so manys adult argue like the adulk of that pta meeting.. There were so much vil in that class room that some of the parent and teacher got up and left, out of the three hour of that meeting nothing got done, this come my child will not attend parker next term, the teacher here have no respect for the principal.

Parker High School 5

Posted April 11, 2010
I am a senior at A.H.Parker High School. I will be graduating in May 2010. It has really been a pleasure attending Parker. Things hasn't always been good but they are getting better now. I love our new principal Dr. Bandyard. He is doing a wonderful job with the school. I don't think I would have picked anyone better.

Parker High School 4

Posted January 08, 2010
Parker High has a new principal he started this past fall, I must say he is doing a great job considering what the previous principal did the last 7 years. It will take time to get the school in order, the school is better. Parker was long over due for the principal who is there now. Much, much less altercations. But sometime, some staff members need to be replaced as well. There are some excellent instructors at Parker, however there are some who should not be teaching at the school because they are not in the best interest for the students. I am so glad he is at Parker because he has made a difference for the best, but there are some who want him removed {teachers}. Well you can`t and won`t please everybody but these students are our future it`s about time someone cares.

Posted October 05, 2009
Parker was the first and only Africaian American High school in Ala. for many years

Parker High School 1

Posted August 18, 2008
I wrote a message on here in 2005 when I was just entering Parker High School and I had some raw feelings about the school I mean i really let them out I said 'the school was bad and I would recommend that anyone go there' as I have passed through the levels of education at Parker High I have a completly different attitude on the subject, I would Just Like to say Parker High School is truly the one off the best High Schools not only ing the city of Birmingham, And the State of Alabama but all over the world, I have absolutly enjoyed my years here at Parker and I will truly and greatly miss the halls, classrooms, and people of the this great and Historical institution, and for the record I apoligize with all my heart for that message in 2005 I was rung & inmature!

Posted March 23, 2008
I am a parent of a student at parker high school I would like to start out with the quality of some of the teachers there. I think that they may have went to college and have degrees,but some of them to me don,t have that go the extra mile attitude I mean that at a time my child wasn,t doing so well no called me or sent me a note home telling me that there was problems in the class room they just gave him not so good of a grade without giving me any type of phone call concerning how he was doing in class.That tells me that there is a big gap between the parent,and teacher in communicating because to me this would solve a lot of issues.Communication is the key between parents,teachers this would prevent a child from ever becomming on the border line of failing.

Posted February 14, 2008
There`s no other high school I love as Parker High. I`am a sophmore currently enrolled at Parker High School and will be graduating in 2010 with HONORS. People always be talking about our school but there`s nothing wrong with Parker High Scool. I feel that parker is the best, and will always be the best. They say our teachers isn`t teaching, students are out of control. and the school is going down hill but thats a LIE.I feel like if you think parker is such a bad school why not fix the problems.When it comes to our teaching thats another story. Our teacher are teaching and its not up to them to make students want and learn thats up to the student. So to all the parents who are talking down on parker saying your child isn`t getting a Good well thats a lie your child must dosen`t want an education.

Parker High School 5

Posted February 13, 2008
I am very proud of the teaching ability and leadership of our great staff and I wouln't pick any school over the great Parker. I am currently a senior and I am proud to say I went to Parker, I graduated from Parker, and that I am a part of Parker's great legacy. It is a honor to attend a school with so much history. Most of our teachers grew up in some of our same conditions and they watch thier parents struggle to get them thrue school and to see that what ever they put their mind to they acheive, and that is what makes them so great they understand us and we understand them , and I can't wait until I start my family because I will keep my family history and black history growing God Bless Parker. Thanks.

Posted November 23, 2007
My name is Sonia Fowler. A proud student of Parker High School. I will be graduating in the year of 2010. It is a disgrace of how bad the school has gotten. Other students are hindering the ones who want to learn. We have recieved a new gym, but other schools have gotten new facilities. This is unfair to future students and students of today. But, no matter what I will still be apart of the thundering herd 100%.

Posted November 09, 2007
My daughter is currently in the 9th grade at Parker High School and is in the band. She enjoys being a part of the band, however, she is concerned for her safety at times. There are regular problems at the school with safety and alot of the children are out of control. If parents would teach their children to respect themselves as well as others, many of the problems we see with our youth would greatly improve. We cannot blame the principal, teachers, or the school for the condition that it is in. The work needs to begin at home. Encouraging education is extremely important, and unfortunately there are many parents that don't encourage their children to be the best that they can be. Let's pray for our children and encourage them to be successful in life.

900 4th St North, Birmingham, AL  35204
Last modified Parker High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parker High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 29 reviews. Top