Birmingham, AL

Posted June 07, 2015
I think this is a well kept secret in the Birmingham school system. The teachers and administration are caring. They offer a very good enrichment program as well as good academic instruction. My children are able to take band which is not offered in many elementary schools these days. They also have art and a certified computer lab instructor. I thInk Robinson is a wonderful school. I read a recent review that stated that the dismissal was unorganized that is not true because there is a plan. Carpool numbers are given at enrollment and a traffic planned that was issued at that time also, some parents do not follow it. But that is not the school's fault. I will continue to support this school. My kids have done very well here.

Robinson Elementary School 1

Posted May 08, 2015
I would give a 0 stars if that was possible, this school is one of the worst schools ever. The principle is rude she talks to the parents with very unprofessionally. The teachers there are even worse yes they do have some great teachers there but THEY ARE OUTWEIGHED BY THE BAD.. Pickup from the school is also very disorganized for a elementary school. Anyone can come and take your child away and they wouldn't even know.... I am so happy when June comes so I can transfer my children out of this hell hole.

Posted November 25, 2012
This is the best school I have ever attended!! I will miss ALL of the teachers!!

Posted July 17, 2011
I have been very Blessed as a parent to work with some wonderful teachers and principal at Robinson Elementary School. They take time with your children and they care for your child and their well being.

Posted May 19, 2010
Beautiful old building sitting quietly tucked in a side street. Lots of children went through there and have memories!

Posted April 29, 2010
As a member of the neighborhood, it is important to support our neighborhood children to excell in life.

Robinson Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2009
I am not very pleased with the education my kids are getting from this school. After transferring my kids here, I find that the school is behind academically. The way some of the teachers speak to the kids is unprofessional and unexceptable, but so is the poor parent involvement. My kids were bored and had already learned most of what was being taught but some of the other downfalls of the school can be helped with a little more parent and community involvement.

Posted June 16, 2009
My child started Kindergarten their last year and it was so scary for me . Taking her out of Daycare and moving her to another school. But the Home School Connection they had was wonderful, her teachers came out tand introduced themselves to us and familarized us with the school and made themselves available to us, her first year ended in a sucess, and the principal was wonderful. Thanks Robinson and thank you Ms. Thompson

Robinson Elementary School 3

Posted July 07, 2008
i had one son that started k there and his teacher was very involved in thekids all of the goals she set at the begining of the school year she made and then some. my son came out of k reading almost on a second grade level. he attened the following year and we had the same result. i am a firm believer that it is not all about a school system or a particular school itself, its about the teachers and their passion about teaching.

Robinson Elementary School 4

Posted January 19, 2005
I must say from person experience, because I have two kids, one who graduated from B'ham school and one attending now. Both in the past attended County school before going to B'ham city. If you think there's any school without incidents, sorry! There are many incidents, they are just not reported, I wonder why? But,we can't let the few negative overshadow the positive. A school is a building, we as a society makes that school. Encourage your buyers to visit these schools. I ride through many neighborhoods in B'ham and surrending areas and houses are for sale for months, even years. Is there a problem in these school? You and most of your buyers are probably product of B'ham school. Send your child where you like, but be realistic. It take a village!

8400 1st Ave South, Birmingham, AL  35206
Last modified Robinson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Robinson Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top