Birmingham, AL

Posted September 12, 2014
My children have attended schools from all around the country. I can say, without a doubt, that Smith Middle School may be the worse school my son has attended in his entire life. The teachers do not seem too involved with the children's education and the children that attend this school seem to have the worse behavior problems I have ever witnessed. Many of these students may come from poor or unsatisfactory home environments, which causes a lot of them to act out in violence. The only thing the school seems to care about is its football problem. It's a strange and scary environment, and this will definitely be his last year attending this school.

Posted December 18, 2013
Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Never should have taken my child to this school. Better off at home. Why should the student give a darn if the teacher doesn't.

Smith Middle School 4

Posted August 12, 2013
My name is Ayana Hudson and I attended school at Smith my 6-8 grade school year. I must say that the teachers there were very helpful and did all they could do to help students understand. I learned alot while attending SMS and it has traveled with me throughout my life, I am now a college sophmore and i still think about my times at SMS. Dr. Willis was a very professional principal and loved all the students, Many of the staff were the same way. This school is just like any other school. No school is perfect but i must say that no teachers were ever the problem it was some of the misbehaved children whose parents blamed the school for their childs actions when the staff were never the problem. Overall this school was good and I still hear alot of positive comments about it.

Posted May 10, 2013
Let alone the fact that the school is ancient, the staff could also use updating. I'm not calling the school terrible but it's not great. The school could use major improvement from the buildings to the recreation outside. The basketball court and gym should be demolished and made a new. That is mainly the only things that need improvement.

Posted May 10, 2010
I am a birmingham city schools employee and I don't think Smith has a nice school. Compared to Martha Gaskins a wonderful school ! they are ignorant of such things. As far as work goes teachers are yelling each and every minute. Hudson acts better than them. This is why I rated Smith one 1. It is not my fault for uch madness!!!

Smith Middle School 5

Posted April 14, 2010
My name is karen watkins I am a proud parent of Smith Middle School I have three kids attend their I have enjoyed the staff at Smith Middle they are awsome. Thanks Dr. Willis and staff for with the Pettway and Allison family .

Smith Middle School 0

Posted March 23, 2009
My name is Malehia Pruitt. I attended Smith Middle School 1 year ago.I think it is a wonder school for your child to enroll in. I believe that it helped me recieve the best education to help me in my future to accomplish my goals.

Smith Middle School 5

Posted December 26, 2008
At first, I listened to all the 'nay sayers' about Smith school. Sure, it's just like any other school. They have their good days and their bad days. Overall, they are doing an excellent job. There is a need for more teachers so that they can offer more elective classes and technology is a major issue with the school. However, my child really enjoys his school, teachers, and administrators. As parents we must support them and stop looking for someone to blame.

Smith Middle School 0

Posted November 23, 2008
Smith Middle School has come a long way. I am very satisfied with the school. My child loves it

Posted October 08, 2008
This school lacks professionalism. Some of the teachers seem disconnected and unconcerned with the well being of the students in 7th grade.

Smith Middle School
1124 Five Mile Rd, Birmingham, AL  35215
Last modified Smith Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Smith Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top