Woodlawn High School-Magnet 3

Posted August 07, 2013
My school Woodlawn High school- Magnet is great. But, we need new things as well like new venting machines, better school t-shirts, and more. We all try to help with those few things, by giving money, fundraisers, and raffle tickets. But, that didn't go as planned. We need your help! Please, consider on helping us.

Woodlawn High School-Magnet 3

Posted May 02, 2011
I attend Woodlawn now and it's okay. I previously attended a county school and had to get use to the way that things work here. I had/ have some great teachers here. The administration could stand to change and students could be more behaved, but other than that, Im satisfied.

Posted November 24, 2009
Woodlawn is the most spectacular schools in Birmingham. Woodlawn probably don't have that many teachers, but they are doing there best for the students that's up there. I am happy there is a school like Woodlawn High School Carnels

Posted November 09, 2009

Woodlawn High School-Magnet 2

Posted September 06, 2009

Posted August 26, 2008
I rate this school a ten because they challenge you to higher learning no thanks to the principle though the assisstant principles do mostly everything. We also have a great staff especially senior teachers whom are pushing us to as we call it 'Get on our grind or hustle' to make it. I am the CLASS OF 09

Posted August 19, 2008

Posted July 28, 2008

Posted July 23, 2007
I would like to see more dedication, motivation and consistency in the area of sports, especially Football. It's not motivating when the team never wins and the coaches don't show up for scheduled practice. Something should change in this area!

Woodlawn High School-Magnet 4

Posted April 06, 2006
I was somewhat nervous about having my child attending Woodlawn Highschool since it has had such a poor reputation. However, when the new administration was put into place at Woodlawn, all of my worries were soon put to rest. Under the leadership of the current principal, Woodlawn High School has made a total change. At one time, the halls were packed with students just hanging around instead of attending class. Now there is a environment conducive to learning and the students are 'required' to excel. Students are also encouraged to participate in extracurriclar activities such as sports, music, and band. These activities help to promote school pride and social participation. I am sure that it is not easy so I applaud the administration and the fine educators. You have taken on the task of providing quality education to the children. Thhank you Woodlawn Highscool.

Woodlawn High School-Magnet
5620 1s St Ave North, Birmingham, AL  35212
Last modified Woodlawn High School-Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlawn High School-Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top