Birmingham, AL

Posted May 04, 2015
None that i know right at this moment i just no the students that attend here from 1998 to2002

Posted August 07, 2013
My school Woodlawn High school- Magnet is great. But, we need new things as well like new venting machines, better school t-shirts, and more. We all try to help with those few things, by giving money, fundraisers, and raffle tickets. But, that didn't go as planned. We need your help! Please, consider on helping us.

Posted May 02, 2011
I attend Woodlawn now and it's okay. I previously attended a county school and had to get use to the way that things work here. I had/ have some great teachers here. The administration could stand to change and students could be more behaved, but other than that, Im satisfied.

Posted November 24, 2009
Woodlawn is the most spectacular schools in Birmingham. Woodlawn probably don't have that many teachers, but they are doing there best for the students that's up there. I am happy there is a school like Woodlawn High School Carnels

Posted August 26, 2008
I rate this school a ten because they challenge you to higher learning no thanks to the principle though the assisstant principles do mostly everything. We also have a great staff especially senior teachers whom are pushing us to as we call it 'Get on our grind or hustle' to make it. I am the CLASS OF 09

Posted July 23, 2007
I would like to see more dedication, motivation and consistency in the area of sports, especially Football. It's not motivating when the team never wins and the coaches don't show up for scheduled practice. Something should change in this area!

Posted April 06, 2006
I was somewhat nervous about having my child attending Woodlawn Highschool since it has had such a poor reputation. However, when the new administration was put into place at Woodlawn, all of my worries were soon put to rest. Under the leadership of the current principal, Woodlawn High School has made a total change. At one time, the halls were packed with students just hanging around instead of attending class. Now there is a environment conducive to learning and the students are 'required' to excel. Students are also encouraged to participate in extracurriclar activities such as sports, music, and band. These activities help to promote school pride and social participation. I am sure that it is not easy so I applaud the administration and the fine educators. You have taken on the task of providing quality education to the children. Thhank you Woodlawn Highscool.

Posted June 22, 2004
Before this school recieved a new administrative staff, student discipline was not at its best. I feel that since the new staff entered the school, the halls are much clearer, students respond more to auhtoritarians, and negativity among the students have decreased. The students are raving about the improvement of the school. I hope that next year will continue be as successful as the spring semester. Woodlawn always recieve bad raps but now I am am proud of our school. Keep op the good work Pricipals students,and teachers.

Posted June 08, 2004
I think that Woodlawn is one of the best schools in the Birmingham Public School System. The educators and administrators are by far the most dedicated employees in the system. People seem to think that just because we are an inner-city high school that we are inferior, but that's not at all true. I know this because I have been a student there for two years. I have witnessed a major difference in the school. We have the best principal in the business. Our teachers are extremely dedicated some of them care more than the parents. So for anyone to say that Woodlawn is not a great school is sadly mistaken. We are better than any other school around. There was a time when Woodlawn was horrible and you dreading being there but you can't wait to get there and dread leaving there. The 2003-2004 school year was the best!

Woodlawn High School-Magnet 2

Posted June 16, 2003
Woodlawn High School is going through a restructual change. The administration department is in disarray but hopefully, this will change next school season. The school has some very good teachers, who takes the students' interest to another academic level. The School has the best music program in the city of Birmingham, Al. and is rank high by the State. The band program is awesome. Hopefully next year, I can say this about the entire school.

5620 1s St Ave North, Birmingham, AL  35212
Last modified Woodlawn High School-Magnet is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodlawn High School-Magnet Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top